Generic Name and Formulations:
Arformoterol tartrate 15mcg/2mL; inhalation soln.
Indications for BROVANA:
Long-term maintenance treatment of bronchoconstriction due to COPD. Limitations of use: not for treating asthma or acute deteriorations of COPD.
By nebulizer: 15mcg by inhalation twice daily (AM & PM); max 30mcg/day. Use standard jet (eg, PARI LC Plus) nebulizer with air compressor (eg, PARI DURA-NEB 3000). Reevaluate periodically.
LABA use in asthma patients without use of long-term control medication.
LABAs increase risk of asthma-related death. Do not exceed recommended dose. Discontinue if paradoxical bronchospasm or cardiovascular effects occur. Cardiovascular disease (esp. coronary insufficiency, arrhythmias, hypertension). Convulsive disorders. Hepatic impairment (monitor). Thyrotoxicosis. Hypokalemia. Hyperresponsiveness to sympathomimetics. Diabetes. Ketoacidosis. Monitor potassium and blood glucose levels. Prescribe a short-acting β2-agonist for acute symptoms; monitor for increased need. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Labor & delivery. Nursing mothers.
Long-acting beta-2 agonist (LABA).
See Contraindications. Avoid other sympathomimetics (except short-acting bronchodilators). Caution with MAOIs, tricyclics, or drugs known to prolong the QTc interval; may increase risk of arrhythmias. Antagonized by β-blockers. K+-depleting diuretics, theophylline, aminophylline, steroids may potentiate hypokalemia.
Pain, chest pain, back pain, diarrhea, sinusitis, leg cramps, dyspnea, rash, flu syndrome, peripheral edema, lung disorder; cardiovascular effects (eg, increased pulse rate or BP, ECG changes); rarely: paradoxical bronchospasm, hypersensitivity reactions.
Vials (2mL)—30, 60
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Gadolinium-Based Contrast May Up Acute Kidney Injury Risk in CKD
- Delayed Prostate Cancer Treatment May Up Relapse Risk
- Review: Desmopressin Decreases Nocturia Episodes
- Surgery, Radiation Regimens for High-Grade PCa Offer Similar Outcomes
- Salvage Prostatectomy May Benefit Some Prostate Cancer Patients
- Changes in Renal Cell Carcinoma Pathologic Staging and Histologic Grading
- Nocturia, Overactive Bladder Improved With PTNS
- Many Americans Unaware of Promise of Personalized Medicine
- Noninferior CV Outcomes for Linagliptin in T2D With High CV, Renal Risk
- VDRAs Do Not Lower Cardiovascular Event Risk in HD
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)