Latest Bladder Cancer News
Squamous cell carcinoma is associated with a 79% increased risk of death compared with urothelial carcinoma in patients with muscle-invasive bladder cancer, study finds.
Standardized mortality ratio highest for cancers of lung, head and neck, testes, bladder, Hodgkin lymphoma.
TICE BCG is indicated for the treatment and prophylaxis of carcinoma in situ of the urinary bladder and for the prophylaxis of primary or recurrent stage Ta and/or T1 papillary tumors following transurethral resection.
Smokers had poorer response to cisplatin-based neoadjuvant chemotherapy, higher recurrence risk.
Researchers found no significant difference in 30-day postoperative complications between patients who received neoadjuvant chemotherapy and those who did not.
Patients with muscle-invasive bladder cancer had a 22% decreased risk of disease progression if they received neoadjuvant rather than adjuvant chemotherapy, a study found.
Method evaluating cells collected from urine shows 94% diagnostic accuracy.
Overweight and obesity, diabetes, and postoperative complications increase the likelihood of being readmitted within 30 days of hospital discharge among radical cystectomy patients.
In a study, nearly 1 in 10 cancer patients on systemic therapy experienced an episode of acute kidney injury.
Promising results from clinical trials could encourage urologists to offer immunotherapy to their bladder cancer patients.
UGN-1 is an investigational formulation of mitomycin, delivered to patients using standard intravesical catheters.
Older patients benefit from treatment of superficial bladder cancer even if they have multiple chronic conditions, a new study suggests.
In a study, men with prostate cancer who received androgen deprivation therapy did not have a lower subsequent risk of developing bladder cancer.
Finnish study of individuals with type 2 diabetes reveals a 17% and 42% higher incidence of bladder and kidney cancer, respectively, compared with the general population.
Higher rates of complete response observed in MIBC patients who received a dose-dense combination of methotrexate, vinblastine, doxorubicin, and cisplatin rather than the standard gemcitabine plus cisplatin or carboplatin.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Hemodialysis Facility Practices Linked to Patient Outcomes
- Guidelines Updated for Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension in Adults
- Dialysis Staff-Initiated CPR Ups Outcomes in Cardiac Arrest
- Cinacalcet May Delay Surgery for Secondary Hyperparathyroidism
- Peritoneal Dialysis Superior for Easing Post-PTx Hungry Bone Syndrome
- Radium-223 Use in mCRPC Differs By Race
- Brachytherapy for Favorable-Risk Prostate Cancer Continues to Decline
- Kidney Damage in Younger Adults Tied to NSAID Use
- Abiraterone, Prednisone With Androgen Deprivation Therapy Show Durable Efficacy in Metastatic Castration-Naive Prostate Cancer
- Metastatic Prostate Cancer Responds to Novel Radiation Therapy
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)