Generic Name and Formulations:
Tazarotene 0.1%; crm.
Indications for AVAGE:
Adjunct to comprehensive skin care and sunlight avoidance programs in the palliation of facial fine wrinkles, facial mottled hyper- and hypopigmentation, and facial benign lentigines.
Limitations Of use:
Does not eliminate or prevent wrinkles or restore more youthful skin. Does not reverse photoaging or repair sun damaged skin; does not mitigate coarse or deep wrinkling, tactile roughness, telangiectasia, skin laxity, keratinocytic atypia, melanocytic atypia, or dermal elastosis. The safety and effectiveness for the prevention or treatment of actinic keratoses, skin neoplasms, or lentigo maligna have not been established.
≥17yrs: apply thin film to entire face once daily in the PM. Females of reproductive potential: begin therapy during normal menses.
<17yrs: not established.
Assess any facial pigmented lesions (eg, lentigo maligna) prior to initiation. Obtain reliable negative pregnancy test within 2 weeks prior to therapy. Females of reproductive potential should use effective contraception. Do not use on broken, eczematous, or sunburned skin. Sun sensitivity. Avoid eyes, mouth, sun, and UV light. Increased irritation in extreme weather. Discontinue or reduce dose frequency if excessive irritation occurs. Nursing mothers.
Avoid use until the effects of strong drying agents have subsided. Avoid concomitant with photosensitizers or other irritants.
Desquamation, erythema, burning, dry or irritation skin, pruritus, irritant contact dermatitis, stinging, rash, cheilitis.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Novel Albuminuria Endpoints May Improve CKD Progression Trials
- Comorbidities Adversely Linked to Cancer Trial Participation
- Global Demand for Bladder Cancer Treatment Threatens Supply in 2019
- Opioids Now More Deadly for Americans Than Traffic Accidents
- New Predictor of In-Hospital Acute Kidney Injury Identified
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)