Complete AUA 2018 Coverage
Real-world study confirms the improved sensitivity of blue light vs white light cystoscopy (91% vs 79%) for detecting bladder cancer.
Men with low-risk PCa who underwent partial gland ablation with vascular-targeted photodynamic therapy were less likely than those on AS to require radical treatment.
The percentage of prostate cancer patients with positive lymph nodes increased from 2.4% in 2010 to 4.7% in 2014.
The procedure improves symptoms at least as well in men with obstructive middle lobes as those with obstructive lateral lobes.
Study findings suggest that clinicians should use neoadjuvant chemotherapy in many more muscle-invasive bladder cancer patients.
Men with Peyronie's disease have elevated risks of benign prostatic hyperplasia, prostatitis, and testis and prostate cancer, new studies reveal.
Men older than 50 with metabolic syndrome had significantly greater risks for BPH than men without the syndrome.
Findings from the largest study to date examining the effect of TRT in prostate cancer patients build on previous evidence showing that the treatment does not affect disease progression risk.
Race, procedure and insurance type, sex, surgeon volume, and hospital size influence the risk of readmission among patients undergoing radical nephrectomy, study finds.
At 1 year post-op, patients with MetS prior to prostate surgery had a significantly lower continence rate than those without MetS (75.4% vs 82.6%).
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Phosphate Binders Lower Infection-Related Death Risk in HD
- Acute Renal Failure in CKD Patients Less Likely With PCI
- Gout Associated With Increased Risk of Developing Erectile Dysfunction
- More Targeted Sodium Reduction Strategies Proposed
- Cytoreductive Surgery for Metastatic PCa Linked to More Complications
- FDA Recalls Drugs Containing Active Ingredient Valsartan
- Correcting Metabolic Acidosis May Preserve Muscle Mass
- Infection Risk Lower in Dialysis Patients With High, Normal Vitamin D
- Urine Cytology May Not Improve Hematuria Evaluation for Bladder Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Warranted for Gleason 10 Prostate Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)