Generic Name and Formulations:
Amlexanox 5%; adhesive oral paste.
Indications for APHTHASOL:
Aphthous ulcers in nonimmunocompromised adults.
Start at earliest onset of symptoms. Apply ¼ inch to each ulcer 4 times daily (following oral hygiene after meals and at bedtime). Wash hands after application. Continue until ulcer heals.
Discontinue if rash or contact mucositis occurs. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Transient local pain, burning, stinging.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Urine Immunoassay Identifies Novel Lupus Nephritis Biomarkers
- Novel Albuminuria Endpoints May Improve CKD Progression Trials
- Comorbidities Adversely Linked to Cancer Trial Participation
- Global Demand for Bladder Cancer Treatment Threatens Supply in 2019
- Opioids Now More Deadly for Americans Than Traffic Accidents
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)