AMICAR TABLETS Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Aminocaproic acid 500mg, 1000mg; scored tabs.
Indications for AMICAR TABLETS:
Bleeding associated with fibrinolysis.
Initially 5g during 1st hour, then 1g/hour for 8 hours or until bleeding is controlled.
Active intravascular clotting process. Disseminated intravascular coagulation without concomitant heparin.
Upper urinary tract bleeding: not recommended. Cardiac, hepatic or renal disease. Risk of myopathy with long-term use; monitor creatine phosphokinase (CPK); discontinue if CPK rises. Avoid rapid IV administration. Neonates. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Avoid concomitant Factor IX complex or Anti-inhibitor Coagulant concentrates; may increase thrombosis risk.
Inj site reactions, bradycardia, hypotension, GI upset, edema, headache, malaise, CNS effects, thrombosis, others; rare: myopathy.
Tabs—100; Oral soln—473mL; Inj—contact supplier
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Phosphate Binders Lower Infection-Related Death Risk in HD
- Acute Renal Failure in CKD Patients Less Likely With PCI
- Gout Associated With Increased Risk of Developing Erectile Dysfunction
- More Targeted Sodium Reduction Strategies Proposed
- Cytoreductive Surgery for Metastatic PCa Linked to More Complications
- FDA Recalls Drugs Containing Active Ingredient Valsartan
- Correcting Metabolic Acidosis May Preserve Muscle Mass
- Infection Risk Lower in Dialysis Patients With High, Normal Vitamin D
- Urine Cytology May Not Improve Hematuria Evaluation for Bladder Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Warranted for Gleason 10 Prostate Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)