Generic Name and Formulations:
Corticorelin ovine (as the trifluoroacetate) 100mcg/vial; pwd for IV inj after reconstitution.
Ferring Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for ACTHREL:
For use in differentiating pituitary and ectopic production of ACTH in patients with ACTH-dependent Cushings syndrome.
Adults and Children:
Testing pituitary corticotrophin function: 1mcg/kg IV as a single dose. ACTH and cortisol response prolonged and remain elevated for up to 2 hours. Doses >1mcg/kg: not recommended. If repeat test needed, do tests at the same time of day as original test.
Higher doses associated with transient tachycardia, decreased BP, loss of consciousness, and asystole; symptoms may be reduced if given as a 30 second IV infusion instead of bolus inj. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Corticotropin-releasing hormone (CRH) analogue.
Plasma ACTH response inhibited by dexamethasone. Heparin to maintain IV cannula patency: not recommended.
Flushing of the face, neck, upper chest; tachycardia, hypotension, dyspnea, chest compression or tightness with higher doses.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Acute Renal Failure in CKD Patients Less Likely With PCI
- Gout Associated With Increased Risk of Developing Erectile Dysfunction
- The Potential Role for PARP Inhibitors in Prostate Cancer
- More Targeted Sodium Reduction Strategies Proposed
- Cytoreductive Surgery for Metastatic PCa Linked to More Complications
- FDA Recalls Drugs Containing Active Ingredient Valsartan
- Correcting Metabolic Acidosis May Preserve Muscle Mass
- Infection Risk Lower in Dialysis Patients With High, Normal Vitamin D
- Urine Cytology May Not Improve Hematuria Evaluation for Bladder Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Warranted for Gleason 10 Prostate Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)