Generic Name and Formulations:
Gadofosveset trisodium 244mg/mL (0.25mmol/mL); soln for IV inj.
Lantheus Medical Imaging
Indications for ABLAVAR:
For use as a contrast agent in magnetic resonance angiography (MRA) to evaluate aortoiliac occlusive disease (AIOD) in adults with known or suspected peripheral vascular disease.
Give as IV bolus inj over 30 seconds followed by 25–30mL normal saline flush. 0.12mL/kg (0.03mmol/kg). See full labeling for imaging guidelines.
<18yrs: not established.
Chronic, severe kidney disease (GFR<30mL/min/1.73m2), acute kidney injury: increased risk of nephrogenic systemic fibrosis; avoid unless necessary, allow sufficient period of time for elimination prior to re-administration. Screen for acute kidney injury and other conditions that reduce renal function (eg, >60yrs, hypertension, diabetes). Anaphylactoid reaction possible (may be fatal); discontinue immediately if occurs; have emergency resuscitative equipment available. History of drug reactions, asthma, allergy or other hypersensitivity disorders. Risk of QTc prolongation; consider obtaining baseline ECG to assess risk, consider follow up ECG and risk reduction measures until contrast agent eliminated. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Gadolinium-based contrast agent.
Caution with concomitant drugs that bind to albumin.
Pruritus, headache, nausea, vasodilation, paresthesia, inj site bruising, dysgeusia, burning sensation, venipuncture site bruise, hypertension, dizziness, feeling cold; hypersensitivity reactions.
Single-use vials (10mL, 15mL)—10
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Obesity Linked With Improved Survival in mCRPC
- Radium-223 Use in mCRPC Differs By Race
- Brachytherapy for Favorable-Risk Prostate Cancer Continues to Decline
- Kidney Damage in Younger Adults Tied to NSAID Use
- Abiraterone, Prednisone With Androgen Deprivation Therapy Show Durable Efficacy in Metastatic Castration-Naive Prostate Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)