Generic Name and Formulations:
Ciclesonide 37mcg/actuation; metered-dose nasal aerosol; contains HFA.
Indications for ZETONNA:
Treatment of symptoms associated with seasonal and perennial allergic rhinitis.
One actuation in each nostril once daily (37mcg/actuation); max 74mcg/day.
Conduct nasal examination before starting treatment. Discontinue if nasal erosion, ulceration, or perforation occurs. Active or quiescent respiratory tract tuberculosis. Infections (eg, fungal, bacterial, viral, parasitic, or ocular herpes simplex). If exposed to measles or chickenpox, consider immunoglobulin prophylactic therapy. Monitor for acute adrenal insufficiency if prolonged systemic corticosteroid therapy is replaced with topical steroids. Monitor for hypercorticism and HPA axis suppression (if occur discontinue gradually), and for candida infection and other nasal cavity changes. Monitor for growth suppression in children. Monitor for vision changes or in those with a history of increased intraocular pressure, glaucoma or cataracts. Avoid spraying in eyes or directly onto the nasal septum. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
May be potentiated by ketoconazole.
Nasal discomfort, headache, epistaxis; nasal ulceration, nasal septal perforation, candida infection, impaired wound healing.
Nasal aerosol—6.1g (60 actuations)
Renal and Urology News Articles
- FDA Approves Enzalutamide for Nonmetastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Urine Cytology May Not Improve Hematuria Evaluation for Bladder Cancer
- Bladder Hydrodistention May Ease Nocturia in Interstitial Cystitis
- Overnight Saline Irrigation May Prevent Early NMIBC Recurrence
- 5 Key Steps to Grow Your New Nephrology or Urology Practice
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)