Fewer VTE events were observed in the betrixaban than enoxaparin arm.
VTE is more common among dialysis patients than in the general population, and the risk is highest in the first 6 months after dialysis initiation.
Venous thromboembolism is associated with a 4.1-fold increased risk of death and a 2.3-fold increased risk of death-censored graft loss among kidney transplant recipients.
Renal and Urology News Articles
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)