Urology News by Topic
Latest Urology News
Increased likelihood of testing in men with comorbidity associated with hypogonadism.
Article describes challenges for women in medicine, highlights things that need to be changed.
Men with asymptomatic vascular disease are more likely to develop erectile dysfunction (ED) compared to those who don't.
Prostate cancer (PCa) patients who have the Endo180 protein present in their tumors tend to have a more aggressive form of the disease.
Obese men are at a greater risk of developing more advanced forms of prostate cancer (PCa).
Testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) does not increase cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk.
Local anesthesia with conscious sedation for renal cancer cryoablation associated with shorter procedure and hospital stays.
Dual use of both drugs significantly reduced the risk of biochemical prostate cancer recurrence after radical surgery.
Diets rich in walnuts or walnut oils slow prostate cancer (PCa) tumor growth in mice.
A newly-discovered pathway known as Transient Receptor Potential Mleastatin 3 (TRPM3) could provide more treatment options for kidney cancer.
Diagnostic usefulness of magnetic resonance imaging/ultrasound (MRI/US) fusion targeted prostate biopsy optimized in PSA level of 5.2 ng/mL or higher.
Scientists have discovered a way to "switch off" prostate cancer (PCa) cell production in mice with a thrice-weekly injection.
Among surgically-treated renal cell carcinoma patients, diabetics have a 55% and 32% increased risk of cancer-specific and all-cause mortality.
Androgen-deprivation therapy (ADT) for more than 1 year is associated with a 2.5 times higher odds of fracture in prostate cancer patients.
Greater PSA increases seen in older men and those with lower baseline testosterone.
Active smokers more knowledgeable than former, never smokers; often cite urologist as source of info.
Compared with noncarriers, BRCA carriers experience metastatic prostate cancer sooner and have shorter survival.
A 15-feature 'genomic classifier' surpassed the prognostic potential of standard clinical variables for bladder cancer risk.
A single mutated gene may lead to infertility by causing abnormalities in sexual organs.
Study shows that tumor flare resulting from discontinuation of sunitinib and pazopanib is associated with decreased overall survival.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
- Optimal PSA Threshold For Targeted Biopsy Identified
- Plant-Based Phosphorus Best for Kidney Disease (CKD) Patients
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) Beneficial in Diabetes Mellitus Patients
- Stopping Renal Cell Carcinoma (mRCC) Drugs Induces Tumor Flare
- Red Meat Contributes to Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) Risk Due to Gut Bacteria
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) Patients Benefit from Exercise Rehab
- What effect does advertising to attract patients have on perception of the medical profession?
- Prior Kidney Donor Favorable Waitlist Policy is Working
- Brown Fat Could Help Manage Diabetes
- New 5-Star Dialysis Facility Rating System To Debut