Latest Urology News
No residual tumor was found in 5.4% of men who received androgen deprivation therapy prior to radical surgery for high-risk prostate cancer.
Men receiving active surveillance were 24 times more likely to die from causes other than prostate cancer over 15 years.
Association found in patients with lymph node involvement.
CAM associated with polypharmacy, vision impairment, and urologic comorbidities.
The malignancy is 36% less likely to develop, after adjusting for age and smoking, data show.
Giving docetaxel before abiraterone does not improve progression-free and overall survival compared with the reverse sequence.
Lack of association found in a study of men in the placebo arm of the Prostate Cancer Prevention Trial.
Men with PCa have a 4-fold increased risk of suicidal death within 3 months of diagnosis compared to men who have other solid cancers.
Review indicates that doctors who operate the night before another surgery do well.
This laboratory measure could be useful in treatment decision algorithms.
IsoFlux test showed 10 or more circulating tumor cells in four of nine samples, versus 0 with CellSearch.
The technique, with cognitive assistance, identified recurrent tumors in 80% of patients.
PNI in prostate biopsy specimens are associated with an 11-fold increased risk of bone metastasis.
No difference in major bleeding, overall mortality, but reduction in clinically relevant nonmajor bleeding
Addyi to treat generalized hypoactive sexual desire disorder among premenopausal women.
Symptom improvement was greater in patients receiving tamsulosin plus darifenacin compared with tamsulosin monotherapy.
Most men prescribed testosterone have age-related hypogonadism, for which treatment is not FDA-approved
Acupuncture's ability to stimulate endorphin production may partly explain the clinical improvements.
Three reviews show correlations with measures of physical, mental, and social health outcomes.
It more accurately predicted the actual clinical risk category at final pathology compared with transrectal ultrasonography-guided biopsy.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
- Phosphate Binder Adherence Challenging for Dialysis Patients
- Transperineal Prostate Biopsy Better for PCa Risk Statification
- Androgen Deprivation for Localized Prostate Cancer Ups Cardiac Risks
- Upping Shock Wave Frequency Improves Ureteral Stone Clearance
- Prostate Cancer Diagnosis Raises Suicide Risk
- Preop ADT Could Potentially Eradicate High-Risk Prostate Tumors
- Longer Dialysis Session Gap Raises Hospitalization, Death Risk
- PCa Deaths Rare Among Low-Risk Patients on Active Surveillance
- Can Tight Blood Pressure Control Prevent Repeat Hemorrhagic Strokes?
- Joint Pain Linked to DPP-4 Inhibitor Use by Type 2 Diabetics