Urology Feature Archive
The procedure may be particularly efficacious for men with very large prostates.
First case of colistin-resistant mcr-1 E coli in the United States; strains also have been identified in Europe and Canada.
An interview with Neal Shore, MD
Patients diagnosed with prostate cancer often struggle with their diagnosis.
An interview with David J. McConkey, PhD
Benjamin T Ristau, MD, and Robert G. Uzzo, MD, FACS, examine why adjuvant therapies have been so ineffective.
Tumors fall into 1 of 5 grade groups based on what pathologic findings indicate about prognosis.
Additional novel medical therapies to treat prostate cancer and earlier use of the existing medical therapies are the future of prostate cancer management.
Advances in prostate cancer screening, management and therapeutics have vastly improved patient care.
Studies suggest that these cholesterol-lowering drugs can improve treatment of genitourinary cancers and prevent contrast-induced nephropathy.
In May 2008, the editor of Renal & Urology News was diagnosed with prostate cancer and recently finished a course of radiation treatment. What follows is a first-person account of his experience.
The concept of what is "normal" enters into nearly every aspect of clinical decision making. For physicians to declare something abnormal and make a diagnosis, they must first know what normal is.
Prostate cancers diagnosed at repeat biopsy are as likely to be high grade as those found at initial biopsy, researchers reported in The Journal of Urology.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Novel Calcimimetic Approved for Secondary Hyperparathyroidism
- Prostate Cancer Treatment Prolongs Survival
- Misplaced Mobile Devices Lead to HHS Investigations, Millions in Fines
- PCa Salvage Radiation Plus Anti-Androgen Therapy Improves Outcomes
- Targeted Biopsy Improves Detection of Significant PCa in Black Men
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)