Latest Urinary Tract Infections (UTI) News
Zemdri carries a Boxed Warning describing reports of nephrotoxicity, ototoxicity, and neuromuscular blockade, as well as fetal harm if administered during pregnancy.
Changes will describe hypoglycemic coma and clarify and identify mental health side effects.
Plazomicin, an aminoglycoside, was approved for treating complicated urinary tract infections in adults due to certain Enterobacteriaceae.
In a study of women with uncomplicated lower urinary tract infections, 70% of patients treated with nitrofurantoin had complete symptom resolution at 28 days vs 58% of those treated with fosfomycin.
Calculator reduces testing and decreases the number of urinary tract infections that were missed
Overall treatment success occurred in 98.4% of patients receiving meropenem-vaborbactam vs 94% for those receiving piperacillin-tazobactam.
A Charlson Comorbidity Index score of 2 or higher is an independent risk factor for urinary tract infections within 90 days following radical cystectomy for bladder cancer, study finds.
Nitrofurantoin, trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole prescribed first trimester despite ACOG recs.
Confusion independently associated with receipt of antibiotics for UTI in nursing home residents.
Study shows test is sensitive and specific in infants younger than 60 days old.
No worse sexual or urinary function, but incidence of urethral stricture higher than swimmers/runners.
New analysis finds that female sex and non-dilating vesicoureteral reflux are independently associated with an increased risk of bladder and bowel dysfunction.
Symptom resolution at day 3 was met by 54% in the diclofenac group vs 80% in the norfloxacin group.
Almost one-fourth of retail poultry contains E. coli strains associated with urinary tract infections
Kidney transplant recipients who experience recurrent urinary tract infections are at increased risk of graft failure and death.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Acute Renal Failure in CKD Patients Less Likely With PCI
- Gout Associated With Increased Risk of Developing Erectile Dysfunction
- The Potential Role for PARP Inhibitors in Prostate Cancer
- More Targeted Sodium Reduction Strategies Proposed
- Cytoreductive Surgery for Metastatic PCa Linked to More Complications
- FDA Recalls Drugs Containing Active Ingredient Valsartan
- Correcting Metabolic Acidosis May Preserve Muscle Mass
- Infection Risk Lower in Dialysis Patients With High, Normal Vitamin D
- Urine Cytology May Not Improve Hematuria Evaluation for Bladder Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Warranted for Gleason 10 Prostate Cancer
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)