Urinary Tract Infections (UTI) Features
Compared with standing, sitting was associated with significantly lower post-void residual volume.
Latest Urinary Tract Infections (UTI) News
Members of the clinical team should keep reevaluating the need for urinary catheter use in hospitalized patients
Younger age, preterm birth among clinical factors that predict a longer length of stay (LOS) for infants hospitalized with an urinary tract infection (UTI).
Quality-improvement initiative reduces catheter-associated urinary tract infection rates in children.
Lack of efficacy is the main reason for the switch.
Using cephalexin instead of trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole may decrease UTI incidence and cost of care.
Antimicrobial prophylaxis for children with VUR after a febrile UT) decreases risk.
It is poor at detecting vesicoureteral reflux in children who have had a febrile urinary tract infection.
Cranberry pills, estrogen therapy, and acupuncture also show benefit, according to a systematic literature review.
Pilot study demonstrates positive results in women suffering recurrent urinary tract infections.
Meta-analysis includes oral immunostimulant OM-89, estrogens, cranberries, acupuncture.
About 30 percent of men experience an AUA symptoms index improvement of 3 or more points.
Though found in midstream voided urine in younger women, typically not detected in catheter urine.
It is just as effective as higher-dose oxychlorosene but causes fewer adverse effects, according to study findings.
Leakage/incontinence topped the list at 11%, according to a study.
Total weeks of self-reported UTI in children with spina bifida were similar with hydrophilic single-use and multi-use PVC catheters.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
- Optimal PSA Threshold For Targeted Biopsy Identified
- Wearable Artificial Kidney Greenlit For Safety Testing
- Call Coverage: How to Establish a Fair Schedule For Your Medical Practice
- Plant-Based Phosphorus Best for Kidney Disease (CKD) Patients
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) Beneficial in Diabetes Mellitus Patients