The American College of Physicians (ACP) recommends Kegel exercises and bladder training for the treatment of urinary incontinence (UI).
Prosthetic device approved for impaired detrusor contractility in women.
American College of Physicians guidelines addresses nonsurgical management of urinary incontinence in women.
Communicating effectively about appropriate options and eliciting patient input for overactive bladder (OAB) can improve outcomes.
In a study, none of the 62 men who had the treatment experienced erectile dysfunction or urinary incontinence.
Over three years of follow-up, reduction in frequency of episodes, more experience remission.
Compared with standing, sitting was associated with significantly lower post-void residual volume.
The cure rate was 82.5% at 13 years after surgery, investigators report.
Greater reduction seen in total incontinence frequency for yoga versus wait-list control.
Regardless of delivery type, obesity ups the risk of more severe urinary symptoms, study shows.
UI was associated with a 43% increased risk of probable depression and a 21% increased risk of work disability.
Cumulative rates of clinical success were 87.2% at 3 months, 80.2% at 18 months, and 72.3% at 36 months (long term).
A study found similar surgical success rates with uterosacral ligament suspension and sacrospinous ligament fixation.
Comparable outcomes for two approaches; no benefits for perioperative pelvic floor muscle training.
Complications other than urinary incontinence or erectile dysfunction occur frequently following treatment for PCa.
Dance exercises were added to a physiotherapy program to help women strengthen pelvic floor muscles.
Increasing secretion of this hormone may prevent and treat the condition.
3-month urinary, sexual function scores predict 12-month outcomes in prostate cancer survivors.
Better subjective and objective outcomes at one year found with midurethral-sling surgery than physiotherapy.
Keeping abreast of the most current treatments for idiopathic OAB can lead to improved outcomes and quality of life.
Pad tests described to date have only been evaluated in older, parous women.
New study reveals no difference in failure rates for women younger than 70 years and those aged 70 and older.
An electronic unit vibrates three times when wetness sensor threads detect urine overspills.
No significant difference in five-year outcomes found with outside-in and inside-out transobturator tension-free vaginal tape surgery.
David O. Sussman, DO, has been ready to educate urology colleagues on the appropriate use of Botox.
Taiwan study finds a twofold increased risk of upper urinary tract stones in patients suffering from urinary incontinence.
Study finds a significant inverse association between weight changes and incontinence scores in normal-weight patients.
Products advertised through fax; not FDA approved.
A new trial has found that mirabegronreduced the frequency of incontinence episodes and number of daily urinations in adults with overactive bladder.
Consumption of 234 mg/day or more was associated with a 72% increased likelihood of urinary incontinence.
- Statin Plus Metformin May Reduce Prostate Cancer Relapse Risk
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED) Linked to Early Vascular Disease
- Testosterone Therapy Does Not Increase Cardiovascular Risk
- Have malpractice award caps made any difference in medical practice?
- 'Jekyll & Hyde' Molecule Could Lead to Aggressive Prostate Cancer (PCa)
- Optimal PSA Threshold For Targeted Biopsy Identified
- Plant-Based Phosphorus Best for Kidney Disease (CKD) Patients
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) Beneficial in Diabetes Mellitus Patients
- Stopping Renal Cell Carcinoma (mRCC) Drugs Induces Tumor Flare
- Red Meat Contributes to Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) Risk Due to Gut Bacteria
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) Patients Benefit from Exercise Rehab
- What effect does advertising to attract patients have on perception of the medical profession?
- Prior Kidney Donor Favorable Waitlist Policy is Working
- Brown Fat Could Help Manage Diabetes
- New 5-Star Dialysis Facility Rating System To Debut
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)