Latest Urinary Incontinence News
Greater decrease in total UI frequency with yoga intervention versus time-and-attention control group.
At 1 year post-op, patients with MetS prior to prostate surgery had a significantly lower continence rate than those without MetS (75.4% vs 82.6%).
In a study, researchers found that 51% of men seeking care at tertiary referral urology clinics reported some form of urinary leakage.
No significant differences between peri-op behavioral muscle training and usual care at 5 years
Metabolic syndrome and smoking are associated with 2.5- and 1.7-fold increased odds of moderate or severe nocturia in men with BPH/LUTS.
In a study, men with sleep disorders were 23% and 27% more likely to report nocturia and daytime LUTS than men without sleep disorders.
Individuals who had a stroke or transient ischemic attack at age 60 to 64 had a 2-fold higher risk of UUI at age 68 years, a British study found.
An Irish study found that 34.8% and 38.7% of nulliparous women experienced urine leakage before and during pregnancy, respectively.
Improved urinary symptoms with antimuscarinic tx tied to better overall sleep quality, duration.
Researchers saw a benefit in acupuncture for urinary incontinence, but did not see an impact for women with PCOS related infertiltiy.
The cumulative incidence was lower if the initial surgery was SUI only and higher if an initial POP procedure was performed, whether POP only or SUI+POP.
Lowest quartile of serum testosterone is associated with 48% and 65% increased odds of stress and mixed urinary incontinence, respectively.
Researchers identified a predictor of new-onset UI after HoLEP that may aid urologists in clinical practice.
Treatment group participants improved toileting skills with 150 minutes of walking per week and twice weekly strength training classes.
Satisfaction was equally high 3 months after prolapse surgery in women who were instructed to liberally resume activities compared with those instructed to restrict postoperative activities.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Robotic Partial Nephrectomy Mostly Superior to Other Surgeries
- FDA Requires Safety Label Changes for Fluoroquinolones
- AV Access at Hemodialysis Initiation Less Likely Among Women
- Development of Clinically Evident Gout: A Closer Look at Elevated Serum Urate Levels
- Apixaban Is Safest Direct Oral Anticoagulant vs Warfarin
- Urine Cytology May Not Improve Hematuria Evaluation for Bladder Cancer
- Overnight Saline Irrigation May Prevent Early NMIBC Recurrence
- 5 Key Steps to Grow Your New Nephrology or Urology Practice
- DOACs Increase Bleeding Risk More Than Warfarin in CKD
- Gender Bias in Medicine Has Far-Reaching Consequences
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)