Latest Urinary Incontinence News
Researchers saw a benefit in acupuncture for urinary incontinence, but did not see an impact for women with PCOS related infertiltiy.
The cumulative incidence was lower if the initial surgery was SUI only and higher if an initial POP procedure was performed, whether POP only or SUI+POP.
Lowest quartile of serum testosterone is associated with 48% and 65% increased odds of stress and mixed urinary incontinence, respectively.
Researchers identified a predictor of new-onset UI after HoLEP that may aid urologists in clinical practice.
Treatment group participants improved toileting skills with 150 minutes of walking per week and twice weekly strength training classes.
Satisfaction was equally high 3 months after prolapse surgery in women who were instructed to liberally resume activities compared with those instructed to restrict postoperative activities.
Erosions occurred in 2.7% of patients compared with 1.6% of patients who underwent SUI sling implantation alone.
Overall, 37 and 74% of the men reported improvement in urgency and urge incontinence, respectively.
Compared with sacral neuromodulation, onabotulinumtoxinA resulted in a small improvement.
After 10 years, objective and subjective cure rates were 69 and 64%, respectively.
Randomized trial shows cost-effectiveness of trans-obturator versus tension-free vaginal tape.
Consistent mean reductions in urinary incontinence; durable improvements in quality of life.
Incidence of UI among men with OSA was 2.3%.
The number of urinary incontinence visits has increased from 10.7 million to 13.6 million since 1999.
Significantly higher M1/M2 cytokines, chemokines, MMP-9 and -2 in women with mesh-vagina explants.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- For Treating Uremic Pruritus, Evidence is Strongest for Gabapentin
- IgG-Degrading Enzyme Desensitizes, Permits HLA-Incompatible Transplant
- Evaluating Practice Options in the Shifting Health Care Landscape
- Melanoma Risk Higher in Kidney Transplant Recipients
- Kidneys From Octogenarian Donors Show Similar Survival
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)