Latest Urinary Incontinence News
TURP and EBRT after seed implantation are associated with development of urge urinary incontinence.
In second study, exercise also found to improve nocturia.
Pelvic floor exercises appear to improve symptoms more than watchful waiting in older women.
More than 95% of women reported no stress urinary incontinence at 2-, 5-, and 10 year follow-up.
Lower rates of awareness of prolapse, reoperation for prolapse; higher rates of de novo incontinence.
Modified technique improved stress urinary incontinence in nearly three-quarters of patients.
Agency aims to improve treatment of pelvic organ prolapse.
Preoperative testing overused and underused; estimated charge of overused testing, 18/patient.
Some 83% of women who experienced SUI after sling release reported feeling significantly bothered by their symptoms.
Researchers also find a significant association between smoking and secondary nocturnal enuresis.
Trainees only achieved a 5% or lower bladder perforation rate after they had performed 20 to 80 surgeries.
A high cure rate was observed in women with de novo OAB symptoms following transobturator tape surgery.
Findings less promising for mixed urinary incontinence after 1 year of follow up.
It was associated with double the risk of reoperation compared with retropubic midurethral tape surgery.
Only one in 30 women will suffer a complication that requires a second procedure.
Urinary Incontinence Videos
- Blacks With Diabetes and CKD Have Higher CVD Risk
- Worse Re-transplant Outcomes for HIV Positive Patients
- Race, Procedure Type Influence Morbidity in Pediatric Surgery Patients
- Parathyroidectomy Rates Stable Despite Changes in Medical Therapy
- Early Recurrence After Laparoscopic Radical Cystectomy Explored
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)