Urinary Incontinence Features
Communicating effectively about appropriate options and eliciting patient input for overactive bladder (OAB) can improve outcomes.
Urinary Incontinence Videos
Latest Urinary Incontinence News
The American College of Physicians (ACP) recommends Kegel exercises and bladder training for the treatment of urinary incontinence (UI).
Prosthetic device approved for impaired detrusor contractility in women.
American College of Physicians guidelines addresses nonsurgical management of urinary incontinence in women.
In a study, none of the 62 men who had the treatment experienced erectile dysfunction or urinary incontinence.
Over three years of follow-up, reduction in frequency of episodes, more experience remission.
Compared with standing, sitting was associated with significantly lower post-void residual volume.
The cure rate was 82.5% at 13 years after surgery, investigators report.
Greater reduction seen in total incontinence frequency for yoga versus wait-list control.
Regardless of delivery type, obesity ups the risk of more severe urinary symptoms, study shows.
UI was associated with a 43% increased risk of probable depression and a 21% increased risk of work disability.
Cumulative rates of clinical success were 87.2% at 3 months, 80.2% at 18 months, and 72.3% at 36 months (long term).
A study found similar surgical success rates with uterosacral ligament suspension and sacrospinous ligament fixation.
Comparable outcomes for two approaches; no benefits for perioperative pelvic floor muscle training.
Complications other than urinary incontinence or erectile dysfunction occur frequently following treatment for PCa.
Dance exercises were added to a physiotherapy program to help women strengthen pelvic floor muscles.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
- Optimal PSA Threshold For Targeted Biopsy Identified
- Plant-Based Phosphorus Best for Kidney Disease (CKD) Patients
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) Beneficial in Diabetes Mellitus Patients
- Stopping Renal Cell Carcinoma (mRCC) Drugs Induces Tumor Flare
- Red Meat Contributes to Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) Risk Due to Gut Bacteria
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) Patients Benefit from Exercise Rehab
- What effect does advertising to attract patients have on perception of the medical profession?
- Prior Kidney Donor Favorable Waitlist Policy is Working
- Brown Fat Could Help Manage Diabetes
- New 5-Star Dialysis Facility Rating System To Debut