Urinary Incontinence Features
Communicating effectively about appropriate options and eliciting patient input for overactive bladder (OAB) can improve outcomes.
Urinary Incontinence Videos
Latest Urinary Incontinence News
In a study, the treatment was used in men who experienced prostate cancer recurrence after primary radiotherapy.
A study of 4,803 patients who underwent robot-assisted radical prostatectomy had long-term outcomes on par with other surgical approaches.
The American College of Physicians (ACP) recommends Kegel exercises and bladder training for the treatment of urinary incontinence (UI).
Prosthetic device approved for impaired detrusor contractility in women.
American College of Physicians guidelines addresses nonsurgical management of urinary incontinence in women.
In a study, none of the 62 men who had the treatment experienced erectile dysfunction or urinary incontinence.
Over three years of follow-up, reduction in frequency of episodes, more experience remission.
Compared with standing, sitting was associated with significantly lower post-void residual volume.
The cure rate was 82.5% at 13 years after surgery, investigators report.
Greater reduction seen in total incontinence frequency for yoga versus wait-list control.
Regardless of delivery type, obesity ups the risk of more severe urinary symptoms, study shows.
UI was associated with a 43% increased risk of probable depression and a 21% increased risk of work disability.
Cumulative rates of clinical success were 87.2% at 3 months, 80.2% at 18 months, and 72.3% at 36 months (long term).
A study found similar surgical success rates with uterosacral ligament suspension and sacrospinous ligament fixation.
Comparable outcomes for two approaches; no benefits for perioperative pelvic floor muscle training.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
- Optimal PSA Threshold For Targeted Biopsy Identified
- Wearable Artificial Kidney Greenlit For Safety Testing
- Call Coverage: How to Establish a Fair Schedule For Your Medical Practice
- Plant-Based Phosphorus Best for Kidney Disease (CKD) Patients
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) Beneficial in Diabetes Mellitus Patients