Latest Urinary Incontinence News
CAM associated with polypharmacy, vision impairment, and urologic comorbidities.
Slightly increased odds of moderate/severe SUI with substantially increased lifetime physical activity.
Among seniors with severe overactive bladder, a combination of solifenacin and mirabegron decreased incontinence by an average 3.5 episodes a day.
For mid-urethral sling, fewer adverse events with transobturator route versus retropubic route.
If pounds stayed off, bladder control improvement was seen after 3 years.
Small reductions in urge incontinence episodes, voids per day with daily dose of medications.
Relief for majority -- but not all -- of patients who got Botox injections for urinary incontinence.
In a study, the treatment was used in men who experienced prostate cancer recurrence after primary radiotherapy.
A study of 4,803 patients who underwent robot-assisted radical prostatectomy had long-term outcomes on par with other surgical approaches.
The American College of Physicians (ACP) recommends Kegel exercises and bladder training for the treatment of urinary incontinence (UI).
Prosthetic device approved for impaired detrusor contractility in women.
American College of Physicians guidelines addresses nonsurgical management of urinary incontinence in women.
In a study, none of the 62 men who had the treatment experienced erectile dysfunction or urinary incontinence.
Over three years of follow-up, reduction in frequency of episodes, more experience remission.
Compared with standing, sitting was associated with significantly lower post-void residual volume.
Urinary Incontinence Videos
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
- Phosphate Binder Adherence Challenging for Dialysis Patients
- Transperineal Prostate Biopsy Better for PCa Risk Statification
- Androgen Deprivation for Localized Prostate Cancer Ups Cardiac Risks
- Upping Shock Wave Frequency Improves Ureteral Stone Clearance
- Prostate Cancer Diagnosis Raises Suicide Risk