Latest Transplantation News
Review indicates that doctors who operate the night before another surgery do well.
They have double the risk of invasive melanoma and triple the risk of dying from it.
Patients who listened to music had less pain, anxiety, and analgesia use after their operations, compared with patients receiving routine care or non-drug interventions.
Findings among end-stage renal disease patients initiating dialysis in Georgia.
The main independent determinants are circulating donor-specific anti-HLA antibody and cold ischemia time.
From 1988 to 2010, establishment of organ donation registries, tax incentives, and paid leave have had no significant effect.
Risk of delayed graft function is reduced when donors are maintained at a temperature of 93.2° to 95° F prior to kidney harvesting after death.
No difference between defined BMI bands in patient or graft survival for transplanted patients.
Female kidney recipients have a nearly 7-fold higher risk of UTI than their male counterparts.
Limited effect among adult patients during 5 years following kidney transplantation.
Donor and recipient outcomes are similar to those associated with laparoscopic removal of left donor kidneys.
Highest versus lowest intake associated with a 67% and 88% lower risk of all-cause and cardiovascular mortality, respectively.
It's time to reward people willing to save a stranger, researchers say.
While whites more likely to donate, report found race not the only driving factor.
Their risk of a stroke was 46% lower than that of dialysis patients.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
- Few African American and Latinos Pursuing Careers as Physicians
- Recent Developments in Prostate Cancer Management
- Novel Technique May Improve Detection of Aggressive Prostate Cancer
- Abnormal Mineral, Bone Markers in Dialysis Patients Hike Mortality
- Longer Dialysis Session Gap Raises Hospitalization, Death Risk