Angela Webster, MBBS, talks about why only certain patients should be screened for cancer post-transplant.
Latest Transplantation News
Living kidney donors are more likely to be diagnosed with high blood pressure or preemclampsia once pregnant compared to non-donor.
An anticoagulant was found to preserve kidney function after transplantation.
Researchers may have found a predictor for focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (FSGS) in kidney transplant recipients.
More reimbursement and compensation opportunities should be available for living kidney donors.
This approach resulted in improved hypertension control in patients with autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease, new study found.
The vast majority of kidney failure patients reported that they were doing fine on dialysis and did not see a need for a kidney transplant.
Researchers expect to start safety and performance testing of the Wearable Artificial Kidney (WAK) this autumn.
Ultrasound surveillance for renal tumors should be performed on native and graft kidneys from 3 years after transplantation.
In adjusted analyses, female transplant recipients had a significantly increased risk of urologic cancer and men did not.
Graft survival was similar to that seen in concurrent single SCD kidney recipients
Improved renal function may contribute to the decline in a glycoprotein that inhibits bone formation.
Patients are more likely to receive a kidney transplant and less likely to die than patients with end-stage renal disease from other causes.
Black female hemodialysis patients less likely to want living transplant; more likely to receive offer.
For some highly sensitized patients, expanded criteria donor kidneys do not confer a survival edge over standard criteria donor kidneys.
Kidney transplanted from brain-dead donors or those who died from circulatory causes are associated with similar patient and graft survival.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
- Optimal PSA Threshold For Targeted Biopsy Identified
- Plant-Based Phosphorus Best for Kidney Disease (CKD) Patients
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) Beneficial in Diabetes Mellitus Patients
- Stopping Renal Cell Carcinoma (mRCC) Drugs Induces Tumor Flare
- Red Meat Contributes to Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) Risk Due to Gut Bacteria
- Once Pregnant, Living Kidney Donors More Likely to Have Hypertension
- Have malpractice award caps made any difference in medical practice?
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED) Linked to Early Vascular Disease
- Cost of Diabetes Care Continues to Rise
- 'Jekyll & Hyde' Molecule Could Lead to Aggressive Prostate Cancer (PCa)