Latest Transplantation News
Inhibition with http://www.renalandurologynews.com/transplantation/section/635/ occurs after virus entry but before DNA replication.
Recipients of kidneys from individuals who donated the organs after cardiac death are more likely to experience graft loss and delayed graft function.
Researchers highlighted the benefit of iPTH monitoring.
HIV retransplant recipients have increased risk of death and graft loss versus HIV re-KT patients
Possible reasons include malabsorption of immunosuppressive drugs and deposition of oxalate crystals in transplanted kidneys.
Rates of non-adherence to follow-up care and medication regimens also found to differ by race.
Some donors spend years on dialysis before being placed on the kidney transplant waiting list.
Each Hounsfield unit increase on CT is associated with a 7% decreased risk of death among waitlisted kidney transplant candidates.
Coronary artery disease before transplantation increases death risk by 77%, study finds.
An eGFR decline of at least 30% during the 6 to 24 months after kidney transplantation predicts a higher risk of graft loss.
In a study, viral infections occurred in 52.4% of patients with a BMI of 35 kg/m2 or higher compared with 37.1% of those with a lower BMI.
The 15-hour surgery took place in early May.
Deceased donor kidneys obtained on Friday or Saturday were 16% more likely to be discarded than transplanted, compared with organs gathered other days of the week.
Oral nicotinamide has been linked to nonsignificant reductions in new, non-melanoma skin cancers in renal transplant patients.
Nearly 28% of deceased-donor kidney transplants in the US were performed on the weekends.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
- Medications Increase Hospitalization for Heat-Related Illnesses
- Salary Gap Between Male and Female Faculty Physicians
- Race Affects Switch from Prostate Cancer Observation to Active Therapy
- Study: eGFR Trajectory More Predictive of Death in Type 2 Diabetes
- Flu Vaccine May Reduce Hospitalizations, Deaths in Type 2 Diabetes