Latest Transplantation News
Therapy was associated with a significant improvement in bone mineral density at the lumbar spine and femoral neck.
Living kidney donor costs up with higher degree of allosensitization; also linked to obesity.
Guidelines for kidney recipients differ on frequency of cancer screenings.
Study reveals a significantly higher risk of a 50% or greater decline in eGFR and end-stage graft failure.
Major fractures included the proximal humerus, forearm, hip, and clinical vertebral fractures.
Study also links smoking with a decreased likelihood of receiving a kidney transplant.
Inhibition with http://www.renalandurologynews.com/transplantation/section/635/ occurs after virus entry but before DNA replication.
Recipients of kidneys from individuals who donated the organs after cardiac death are more likely to experience graft loss and delayed graft function.
Researchers highlighted the benefit of iPTH monitoring.
HIV retransplant recipients have increased risk of death and graft loss versus HIV re-KT patients
Possible reasons include malabsorption of immunosuppressive drugs and deposition of oxalate crystals in transplanted kidneys.
Rates of non-adherence to follow-up care and medication regimens also found to differ by race.
Some donors spend years on dialysis before being placed on the kidney transplant waiting list.
Each Hounsfield unit increase on CT is associated with a 7% decreased risk of death among waitlisted kidney transplant candidates.
Coronary artery disease before transplantation increases death risk by 77%, study finds.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Hypogonadism in Male HD Patients Linked to Poor ESA Response
- Risk Factors for Post-TPTx Severe Hypocalcemia Identified
- Elevated CRP Linked With CKD Risk in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Losartan Reduces Aldosterone in Hypertension Without Sleep Apnea
- 10-Year Mortality for Localized PCa Does Not Differ by Treatment Choice