THERAFLU FLU & SORE THROAT HOT LIQUID OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetaminophen 650mg, pheniramine maleate 20mg, phenylephrine HCl 10mg; pwd packets; apple cinnamon flavor; contains sodium 51mg, potassium 10mg per packet.
Novartis Consumer Health
Indications for THERAFLU FLU & SORE THROAT HOT LIQUID:
Minor aches and pains. Headache. Fever. Sneezing. Rhinorrhea. Nasal and sinus congestion. Itchy eyes, nose, throat. Sore throat.
Dissolve contents of 1 packet in 8oz of hot water; sip while hot. Consume entire drink within 10–15 minutes. Take every 4 hours; max 6 packets/24hrs.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Concomitant other acetaminophen products.
Hepatic dysfunction. Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Thyroid disease. Diabetes. Glaucoma. COPD. Asthma. GI or GU obstuction. Sodium-restricted diet. Discontinue if symptoms worsen or persist after 2–7 days. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. Increased risk of hepatotoxicity with ≥3 alcoholic drinks/day; avoid. β-blockers increase pressor effect of sympathomimetics. Antagonizes antihypertensives. Increased CNS effects with other CNS depressants.
Analgesic + antihistamine + sympathomimetic.
Drowsiness, nervousness, dizziness, insomnia, anticholinergic effects, excitability in children; hepatotoxicity (overdosage).
Renal and Urology News Articles
- CROWNWeb Reporting Gets Up to Speed With Implementation of Dashboard
- Prostate Cancer Gene Testing Guidelines Issued
- Radical Nephrectomy Linked With Worse Kidney Function, Survival
- Acute Kidney Injury Increases Risk for Hypoglycemia in Diabetes Pts
- USPSTF Questions Nontraditional CVD Risk Factors for Assessment
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)