SUPPRELIN LA Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Histrelin acetate 50mg; SC implant.
Indications for SUPPRELIN LA:
Treatment of central precocious puberty.
<2yrs: not recommended. ≥2yrs: Insert 1 implant SC in the inner aspect of the upper arm. Remove after 12 months; may replace. Consider discontinuing at appropriate time point for onset of puberty.
Use aseptic technique. Monitor for psychiatric symptoms. History of seizures/epilepsy, cerebrovascular disorders, CNS anomalies or tumors: risk of convulsions. Monitor LH, FSH, and estradiol or testosterone at 1 month post implantation, then every 6 months thereafter. Assess height and bone age every 6–12 months.
May interfere with pituitary gonadotropic and gonadal function tests. Caution with concomitant drugs that are associated with convulsions (eg, bupropion, SSRIs).
Implant site reactions (eg, bruising, pain, soreness, erythema, swelling), initial worsening of signs/symptoms.
Kit—1 (w. implant and insertion tool)
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Robotic Partial Nephrectomy Mostly Superior to Other Surgeries
- FDA Requires Safety Label Changes for Fluoroquinolones
- AV Access at Hemodialysis Initiation Less Likely Among Women
- Development of Clinically Evident Gout: A Closer Look at Elevated Serum Urate Levels
- Apixaban Is Safest Direct Oral Anticoagulant vs Warfarin
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)