Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Modifying the penile microbiome could potentially reduce HIV acquisition in both men and women.
Case report describes 51-year-old man who primarily presented with multiple nodules on his scalp
Many insurers don't cover medication costs for sexual partners, and some doctors are reluctant to treat patients without an exam due to liability concerns.
The lowest prevalence of HPV among men was 28.9% for those aged 18 to 22, which increased to 46.5% in men aged 23 to 27.
Extreme groomers had a quadrupled risk of contracting an STI, and high-frequency groomers had a 3.5-fold increased risk of STI.
Three-dose regimen seems as effective as daily pills, but more research needed.
Second report highlights ties between Zika and Guillain-Barr syndrome.
CDC statistics for 2013 to 2014 show troubling increase in resistant strains.
The pathogen appears to attack cells crucial to the developing fetal brain.
Men returning from a Zika-infected area should abstain from sex or use a condom.
After 3 reported cases of possible sexual transmission of Zika virus, the CDC has released interim guidelines to prevent sexual transmission.
In the U.S., Virginia and Washington, D.C., are the only jurisdictions that require HPV vaccination.
New guidelines address issues that were not discussed in 2010 guidelines.
ACOG supports expedited partner therapy when patient's partners are unwilling or unable to seek medical care.
Survey of minority men aged 18-25 showed that 57.2% indicated that they or their partner did not use birth control at their last sexual encounter.
Improved virologic response rates, decreased liver fibrosis progression, HCC incidence
Renal and Urology News Articles
- For Treating Uremic Pruritus, Evidence is Strongest for Gabapentin
- IgG-Degrading Enzyme Desensitizes, Permits HLA-Incompatible Transplant
- Evaluating Practice Options in the Shifting Health Care Landscape
- Melanoma Risk Higher in Kidney Transplant Recipients
- Kidneys From Octogenarian Donors Show Similar Survival
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)