Safe Medication Use
Contraindicated pregnancy medications
Potentially Inappropriate Drugs for Elderly (Beers List). A list of drugs that may potentially be inappropriate for use in elderly patients due to their side effects. A description of the possible side effects is indicated next to each drug.
Smoking cessation therapy regimens of prescription drugs and over-the-counter medications used to help patients quit smoking.
Differentiate between biologics and biosimilars including the approval process.
List of OTC and Rx medications that have the may react with alcohol and the related potential adverse reactions.
Grapefruit Juice and Drug Interaction Chart describing clinical implications of co-administration.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- For Treating Uremic Pruritus, Evidence is Strongest for Gabapentin
- IgG-Degrading Enzyme Desensitizes, Permits HLA-Incompatible Transplant
- Evaluating Practice Options in the Shifting Health Care Landscape
- Melanoma Risk Higher in Kidney Transplant Recipients
- Not All High-Risk Prostate Cancers Are the Same
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)