A single mutated gene may lead to infertility by causing abnormalities in sexual organs.
Researchers concluded that hyperuricemia is a probable cause of hemospermia.
UroLift offers minimally-invasive treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) without risk of sexual dysfunction.
Link between phthalates and possible genital defect in adolescent boys needs more study.
Men who abstain from eating meat have significantly reduced sperm levels and quality.
Fathering of dizygotic twins, a marker of high fertility, was not associated with increased risk of prostate cancer.
Success rates for in vitro fertilization seen in black women are half those of white women.
Researchers suggest male beverage consumption of caffeine and alcohol affects in vitro fertilization results.
Drinking alcohol confers higher rate of sexually transmitted infections and a drop in sperm quality.
Low levels of human β-defensin 1 (DEFB1) in sperm may explain some of the common causes of male infertility.
When it comes to sexual desire, men and women manifest significant differences.
Finding highlights need for better access to reproductive health care for all women.
Late, advanced stage relapse rarely seen and are treatable with standard therapy.
Sugar-sweetened beverage consumption adversely affects sperm motility.
About one in three endorse symptoms of PFD; many screen positive for Triad components.
As natural bacterial 'diversity' lessened, HIV viral load increased in infected men, researchers say.
Following surgery, improvement in sexual satisfaction correlated with improvements in all lower urinary tract symptoms.
Experts note study findings aren't definitive, and risk is minimal.
Increase in incidence of testicular germ cell tumors in Hispanic adolescents and young adults.
Chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome negatively impacts sperm concentration and other semen parameters.
Obesity a major risk factor for condition, experts say.
Sperm less viable in men who had been exposed to electromagnetic radiation of devices.
Acts as ovarian and uterine toxicant; animal studies demonstrate role as testicular toxicant.
Greatest protective effect observed in men circumcised at age 36 years or older.
Sperm function may have an upper age limit.
We sat down with Dr. Eid at his New York City office to ask him about the latest developments in penile implant therapy.
In a small study, the treatment was associated with a 4-fold increase in average ejaculation time.
Alpha blockers and 5-alpha reductase inhibitors increase the risk of ejaculatory dysfunction, a systematic review and meta-analysis shows.
Cumulative rates of clinical success were 87.2% at 3 months, 80.2% at 18 months, and 72.3% at 36 months (long term).
Higher levels of salivary alpha-amylase linked to longer time-to-pregnancy.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Optimal PSA Threshold For Targeted Biopsy Identified
- Plant-Based Phosphorus Best for Kidney Disease (CKD) Patients
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) Beneficial in Diabetes Mellitus Patients
- Stopping Renal Cell Carcinoma (mRCC) Drugs Induces Tumor Flare
- Red Meat Contributes to Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) Risk Due to Gut Bacteria
- Once Pregnant, Living Kidney Donors More Likely to Have Hypertension
- Have malpractice award caps made any difference in medical practice?
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED) Linked to Early Vascular Disease
- Cost of Diabetes Care Continues to Rise
- 'Jekyll & Hyde' Molecule Could Lead to Aggressive Prostate Cancer (PCa)
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)