Latest Reproductive Medicine News
New study challenges a view that the foreskin is the most sensitive part of the adult penis.
The protective effect is strongest for low-risk disease.
The pathogen appears to attack cells crucial to the developing fetal brain.
Men returning from a Zika-infected area should abstain from sex or use a condom.
Larger studies and long-term follow-up needed to determine possible risks of treatment.
After 3 reported cases of possible sexual transmission of Zika virus, the CDC has released interim guidelines to prevent sexual transmission.
Their risk for heart disease and diabetes was, respectively, 48% and 30% higher when compared with fertile men.
Two studies describe sexual transmission from survivor, persistence of Ebola virus RNA in semen.
Vasectomized men, women with vasectomized partner have higher odds of weekly sex.
Correlations also seen for being overweight, obese in adulthood, being underweight at age 18.
Addyi to treat generalized hypoactive sexual desire disorder among premenopausal women.
Higher fertilization rates among couples in which male partners have highest intake of poultry.
Almost 1 in 3 not told cancer treatment might affect future fertility.
Having sex 3-4 times a week was associated with a significantly greater stone passage rate than tamsulosin or standard medical therapy.
Amphetamine users were twice as likely as non-users to experience erectile dysfunction.
- Novel Hyperkalemia Drugs May Help Optimize Use of RAAS Inhibitors
- Higher Allopurinol Dose Protects Elderly From Renal Failure
- New Obesity Guidelines Recommend Nuanced Treatment
- Even High-Normal Phosphorus May Be an ESRD Risk Factor, Study Finds
- Testosterone Replacement Safe for Men With Prostate Cancer
- Metformin May Have a Protective Effect in Bladder Cancer Patients
- Antihypertensive Drug Use in Dialysis Transition May Need Improvement
- ADT Plus Radiation Improves Survival in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Liraglutide as Add-on to Metformin Improves Glycemic Control
- Hypercalciuria Linked to High Urinary Sodium
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)