Latest Reproductive Medicine News
Men in the treatment group also reported greater improvement in distress relating to intercourse, control of ejaculation, and satisfaction with sexual intercourse.
Researchers tested an automated smartphone-based semen analyzer.
The most common side effects were acne, increased libido, muscle pain, and mood and emotional disorders.
The researchers were able to isolate Zika from the semen sample in a British man recovering from the virus contracted in the Caribbean.
Intracytoplasmic sperm injection linked with lower quantity and quality of offspring's sperm.
Investigators examined semen samples under a microscope and found Zika present in spermatoza as well.
Use of 5ARIs for BPH was associated with a statistically significant increased, pooled relative risk for sexual dysfunction.
Patient history, including assessment of travel, necessary to assess risk.
While mosquitoes are by far the most common form of transmission, cases of sexual transmission can occur.
After visiting an endemic area, a New York City woman is the first reported case of female-to-male Zika virus transmission.
New study challenges a view that the foreskin is the most sensitive part of the adult penis.
The protective effect is strongest for low-risk disease.
The pathogen appears to attack cells crucial to the developing fetal brain.
Men returning from a Zika-infected area should abstain from sex or use a condom.
Larger studies and long-term follow-up needed to determine possible risks of treatment.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Active Surveillance for Intermediate-risk Prostate Cancer Challenged
- Ferritin Spike Soon After Hemodialysis Initiation Ups Mortality Risk
- Type of Long-term Response to Targeted mRCC Therapy Affects Outcomes
- Training Staff in HIPAA Regulations
- Hypothyroidism Tied to Worse Quality of Life for HD Patients
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)