Generic Name and Formulations:
Edaravone 30mg/100mL; soln for IV infusion; contain sulfites.
Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma America
Indications for RADICAVA:
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
Give as IV infusion over 60mins. Initial cycle: 60mg (given as two consecutive 30mg infusions) daily for 14 days, followed by 14 days off. Subsequent cycles: 60mg daily for 10 days out of 14-day periods, followed by 14 days off.
Monitor for hypersensitivity reactions; discontinue and treat if occur. Asthma. Sulfite sensitivity. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Free radical scavenger.
Confusion, gait disturbance, headache, dermatitis, eczema, respiratory failure/disorders, hypoxia, glycosuria, tinea infection; hypersensitivity reactions, anaphylaxis.
Single-dose bags—1, 2
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Daily Tadalafil May Be Effective for Peyronie's Disease
- High ESA and Iron Doses Up CVD, Death Risk in Hemodialysis Patients
- Diabetic CKD Patients Survive Longer With Metformin
- Tamsulosin Improves Clearance of Large Distal Ureteral Stones
- Case: Treating Iron Deficiency Anemia in a Heart Failure Patient
- Cytoreductive Nephrectomy Benefits for Metastatic RCC Demonstrated
- Phosphorus Content Higher in Packaged Meats Listing Phosphate Additives
- High Intakes of Teas, Peas, Soybeans May Increase Prostate Cancer Risk
- More Intense Treatment, Worse Quality of Life in Diabetes
- Hemodialysis CRBSI Outcomes Unaffected by Distance to Nephrologists
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)