Latest Prostate Specific Antigen News
A year after the federal task force came out against routine PSA screening, diagnoses of low-risk PCa decreased by 38% and continued to fall.
Findings could have implications for active surveillance criteria for African Americans.
Reduction in prostate-specific antigen level in some patients with biochemical recurrence.
Men receiving active surveillance were 24 times more likely to die from causes other than prostate cancer over 15 years.
Giving docetaxel before abiraterone does not improve progression-free and overall survival compared with the reverse sequence.
The technique, with cognitive assistance, identified recurrent tumors in 80% of patients.
A PHI of 82 discriminated between patients with and without biochemical recurrence.
Primary care screening patterns have changed as a result of the USPSTF recommendation.
Biopsies triggered by an abnormal DRE alone were significantly less likely to detect clinically significant prostate cancer than biopsies triggered by an abnormal PSA alone.
Patients with higher PSA, shorter PSA doubling time more likely to have second bone scan.
In a small study of mCRPC patients, the median time on therapy increased by nearly 100 days and PSA declined in some subjects.
Guideline outlines recommended follow-up care for prostate cancer survivors
Just over 41% of patients eligible for active surveillance by European standards were found to have undergraded prostate cancer.
PSA doubling time of 6 months or less and seminal vesicle invasion were significant predictors of biochemical recurrence.
New study examined the effect of a U.S. Preventive Services Task Force 2012 recommendation against routine PSA screening.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
- Extended Pelvic Lymph Node Dissection Not Linked with ED, Incontinence
- Reduced-Dose Tacrolimus, Everolimus Cut CMV Infection
- New Guidelines Developed for Peri-Op Management of Diabetes
- Taller Individuals Appear More Likely to Develop Cancer
- Restricting Dietary Protein and Phosphorus May Improve CKD-MBD