Latest Prostate Cancer News
Almost 1 in 3 not told cancer treatment might affect future fertility.
Results of a prospective study have implications for patient counseling.
No improvement in quality of life, even for patients with good baseline performance status.
The biomarkers PHI and PCA3 demonstrated high diagnostic accuracy in discriminating prostate cancer from prostatitis in re-biopsy candidates.
Statin use following diagnosis of localized PCa does not significantly reduce the risk of metastasis or death from PCa.
The finding is based on a study of men who underwent radical surgery for pT3aN0/NxR1 tumors but received no adjuvant or neoadjuvant therapy.
But research reveals association with pancreatic and prostate cancer.
Increased VTE risk among older patients, those with metastases, and those who underwent surgery.
But higher doses of radiation may improve survival in men with intermediate- and high-risk prostate cancers.
Upgrading, up staging linked to age 60, PSA 5.0 ng/ml, and 25 percent positive cores.
A range of foods, nutrients, and dietary patterns are being studied for prostate cancer prevention or treatment.
Pre-biopsy rectal swabs can be used to guide selection of a single antibiotic.
Many men with low-risk disease being spared prostatectomy, radiation, and androgen deprivation treatment.
Mortality rates predicted to meet Healthy People 2020 targets for breast, lung, and prostate cancers.
Overall, men with LUTS showed remarkably poor knowledge about their symptoms.
Prostate Cancer Videos
Sign up for free e-Newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
- Gleason Score Predicts BCR in High-Risk Prostate Cancer Patients
- Statin Use Fails To Prevent Progression to Lethal Prostate Cancer
- Biomarkers Help Distinguish Prostate Cancer from Prostatitis
- Do Surgeons' Complication Rates Reflect Their Competence?
- Low Magnesium Linked to Worse Survival in Hemodialysis Patients
- Should the U.S. Government Cap the Cost of Cancer Drugs?
- Tamsulosin Improves Passage of Large Ureteric Stones
- Kidney Transplant Outcomes Better If Donors Are Kept in Hypothermia
- Blood Pressure Variability Linked to Heart Disease, Early Death
- Lower Extremity Amputation in Diabetes Linked with Greater Death Risk