PROFILNINE SD Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Coagulation Factor IX complex (human) 500 IU, 1000 IU, 1500 IU; per vial; lyophilized concentrate for IV infusion after reconstitution; contains Factor X, Factor II, Factor VII; preservative-free.
Grifols Biologicals, Inc.
Indications for PROFILNINE SD:
Prevention and control of bleeding in Hemophilia B.
Dosage Required (IU) = Body Weight (kg) × Desired Factor IX increase × 1 IU/kg. Individualize. Max infusion rate: 10mL/min. Mild to moderate hemorrhage: give single dose to increase Factor IX 20–30%. Serious hemorrhage: give daily infusions to increase Factor IX 30–50%. Surgery: increase Factor IX by 30–50% for at least 1 week post-op. Dental extraction: increase Factor IX to 50% immediately prior to procedure; may give additional doses if bleeding recurs.
Not for treating Factor VII deficiency. Contains human plasma; monitor for possible infection transmission. Liver disease, prolonged treatment duration or if undergoing surgery: increased risk of disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC) and thrombosis. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
Coagulation factor complex.
Urticaria, fever, chills, GI upset, headache, somnolence, lethargy, flushing, tingling; hypersensitivity reactions, thrombosis, DIC.
Report all infections suspected to be transmitted by Profilnine SD to (888) 675-2762.
Single-use vials—1 (w. diluent, supplies)
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Daily Tadalafil May Be Effective for Peyronie's Disease
- High ESA and Iron Doses Up CVD, Death Risk in Hemodialysis Patients
- Diabetic CKD Patients Survive Longer With Metformin
- Tamsulosin Improves Clearance of Large Distal Ureteral Stones
- Case: Treating Iron Deficiency Anemia in a Heart Failure Patient
- Cytoreductive Nephrectomy Benefits for Metastatic RCC Demonstrated
- Phosphorus Content Higher in Packaged Meats Listing Phosphate Additives
- High Intakes of Teas, Peas, Soybeans May Increase Prostate Cancer Risk
- More Intense Treatment, Worse Quality of Life in Diabetes
- Hemodialysis CRBSI Outcomes Unaffected by Distance to Nephrologists
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)