Primary care specialists saw an increase of 3.2%, similar to the 3.6% increase in 2015.
Most of the errors were made on handwritten prescriptions.
Partnering with another organization may provide multiple benefits, including support for participating in new value-based agreements, infrastructure to comply with regulations and access to the capital needed to fund technological investments and growth.
Shopping around for less expensive medications and buying used medical supplies and equipment can boost the bottom line.
Combined with risk factors, QT prolonging meds tied to greater QTc lengthening than QTPM alone.
The team noted that indoor workers had lower 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels compared to outdoor workers.
Physician burnout often is caused by the breakdown of at least 1 of 6 areas of work life, including workload, control, rewards, community, fairness, and values conflicts.
The most common manifestation was disrespectful treatment by nursing or other support staff.
In addition to the pay gap, female physicians may leave the medical practice to take on additional work at home.
Emergency departments were more likely to serve higher numbers of uninsured, black, and Hispanic patients, the researchers said.
Providers need to analyze which procedures and services constitute a large portion of their practice.
Evaluating Physician Practice Options in the Shifting Health Care Landscape Part 1
Specialists need to determine the kind of payers they have and the kind of payers they want.
Readmissions did not vary with physician age, while costs of care were slightly higher among older physicians.
Market share for brand-name drugs decreased at hospitals with sales restrictions, while market share for generics increased, the researchers found.
Medical groups may need to address such issues as claims denials and failure to obtain prior authorization.
Final diagnoses were better defined/refined in 66% of cases, but in 21% of cases, final diagnoses were distinctly different than referral diagnoses.
One of the most overlooked functions of communication is establishing the patient relationship.
Medicaid expansion was associated with greater insurance coverage but also longer wait times for appointments.
MACRA carries significant reimbursement implications over the next several years.
Benefits include rapid assessment of kidney size, cortical thickness, and volume status.
This proposal will take steps to stabilize the marketplace, provide more flexibility to states and insurers, and give patients access to more coverage options.
The package discards the mandate for health insurance and instead offers tax incentives designed to encourage Americans to get health insurance coverage.
Patients treated by international graduates had lower mortality and slightly higher costs of care per admission.
Decreased use of erythropoiesis-stimulating agents and an uptick in peritoneal dialysis use are among the trends.
Cutting down on chitchat with patients is among the ways to improve workflow.
Patients whose surgeons have large numbers of unsolicited patient observations in the 24 months prior to the patient's operation are at increased risk of surgical and medical complications.
In a survey conducted between January and March 2015, PCPs were split, with approximately half having a favorable view of the law (48%) and the other half unfavorable (52%).
Practices should think of patients as consumers and identify ways to make their visit enjoyable.
Greater burnout among healthcare providers was associated with poorer-quality healthcare and reduced safety for patients.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- For Treating Uremic Pruritus, Evidence is Strongest for Gabapentin
- IgG-Degrading Enzyme Desensitizes, Permits HLA-Incompatible Transplant
- Evaluating Practice Options in the Shifting Health Care Landscape
- Not All High-Risk Prostate Cancers Are the Same
- Active Surveillance for Intermediate-Risk PCa May Be Unsafe
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)