Survey results can identify physician outliers who may be bring down a whole group's satisfaction score.
The median number of drugs prescribed to seniors on hospital discharge was 7.8.
Women need to become better negotiators and lobby for transparency to reduce gender wage disparity.
While 99% exceed the recommended 3-day dosage limit, a quarter write Rx for opioids for a full month.
New labeling rules require immediate-release opioids to carry warnings for the serious risk for misuse.
Follow these tips to reduce the paperwork burden at your medical practice.
The FDA has cited potential serious health risks posed to both patients and health care providers.
Receiving increased payments from insurance companies requires physicians to be prepared with data.
Patients can be spared having to take off work and travel long distances for routine visits that do not require physical contact.
7 measures identified that demonstrate performance, can indicate opportunities for improvement.
Practices should develop specific policy for provider-patient termination.
Physician's expertise, time spent in exam room, and online access to info were key factors in trend.
Appointment schedules should reflect physicians' work style and patient demands.
Hospital reimbursements up, births among young women more often privately covered.
Online communications reduced need for phone calls and office visits for many.
Practice Management Videos
- Psychotherapy-PDE5 Inhibitor Combo Helps Post-RP Erectile Function
- Short Sleepers Face Higher Risk of Proteinuria, but Not CKD
- Stenting, Surgery Time Linked to Infection After Laser Lithotripsy
- No Routine Antimicrobial Use for Post-Transplant Asymptomatic Bacteriuria
- Calciphylaxis Risk Factors in Hemodialysis Patients Identified
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)