Practice Management Videos
Providers should be embracing this patient engagement tool as much as possible, experts say.
If a group has a predictable schedule that works for doctors most of the time, then legitimate reasons for change should be defined.
Providers should look up Medicare reimbursement rates for their practice's locality.
RVUs are a useful gauge of doctors' productivity, but practices also should look at such aspects as each practitioner's caseload and reimbursements.
Growing a practice is a matter of knowing your market and reaching out to referral sources and patients.
As we move to a more comprehensive model, it makes sense to diminish the separation between the clinical and administrative sides of practice.
Out-of-pocket is one option, but it may make better business sense to lease equipment or borrow money to pay for it.
Nephrologists and urologists can spend more time providing quality care for patients, but establishing referral sources may be a challenge.
In-house clinics can be a cost-efficient way to provide high-quality healthcare, without having to make a large investment.
Medical office staff need to understand which patients often miss their appointments and why.
Sensitivity to the price of medications, for example, may improve patient adherence to pharmacotherapy.
An overview of how data from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services' CROWNWeb system could provide additional support.
Clinicians will use neurostimulation, mobile apps, portable dialysis, artificial kidneys, and remote monitoring in innovative ways.
Physicians need to know such particulars as what they pay per square foot for office space and the cost per minute of patient care.
Cultivate good referral relationships and prove to payers that you provide high-quality, cost-effective care.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Optimal PSA Threshold For Targeted Biopsy Identified
- Plant-Based Phosphorus Best for Kidney Disease (CKD) Patients
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) Beneficial in Diabetes Mellitus Patients
- Stopping Renal Cell Carcinoma (mRCC) Drugs Induces Tumor Flare
- Red Meat Contributes to Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) Risk Due to Gut Bacteria
- Once Pregnant, Living Kidney Donors More Likely to Have Hypertension
- Have malpractice award caps made any difference in medical practice?
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED) Linked to Early Vascular Disease
- Cost of Diabetes Care Continues to Rise
- 'Jekyll & Hyde' Molecule Could Lead to Aggressive Prostate Cancer (PCa)
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)