What you need to know now to benchmark your medical practice.
Between 2009 and 2015, costs for IT increased by 40%. Experts say that costs may continue increasing at considerable rates.
Costs includes health care, lost productivity, and treatment programs.
Doctors should take advantage of first few minutes of clinical encounter, give full attention to patients.
A study suggests that female physicians do not use as many codes as their male counterparts, resulting in a reimbursement gap.
Although the benefit of telehealth services is substantial, reimbursement issues have limited its use and expansion.
Many providers still find EMRs vexing, even after all these years.
Significant differences seen even after accounting for age, experience, specialty, and faculty rank.
The gross revenue of the CCM program for a physician with 1,742 patients could range from $44,000 if about one-third of the Medicare patients are eligible to as much as $178,000 if two-thirds are.
Providers are becoming more comfortable with the new system, so Medicare and other payers may scrutinize claims more closely.
Prompt-pay discounts and payment plans are among the ways practices can improve collections of what patients owe.
Practice management systems (PMS) can be employed to maximize the time physicians spend on patient care.
Practices should get demos of the electronic medical record systems they are interested in and analyze the clinical and practice management aspects of these systems.
Survey results can identify physician outliers who may be bring down a whole group's satisfaction score.
The median number of drugs prescribed to seniors on hospital discharge was 7.8.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- CB-839 Drug Promising for Clear Cell, Papillary Renal Cell Cancer
- Guideline Confirmed for UTI in Children With Fever
- Survival Benefit Linked With Adjuvant RT+ADT in Lymph Node + PCa
- Reoperation Risk Highest After POP Repair With Vaginal Mesh and Sling
- AKI Is a Risk Factor for Delirium, Coma in Critically Ill
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)