Recommendations include keeping a gratitude journal, enlisting peer support, learning new things.
Coding and incomplete documentation are thought to be the biggest challenges under ICD-10.
Each physician has to determine areas where there is room for improvement and the potential return on changes made.
Suggestions include training staff on portal use and showing patients how to use the portal.
But many patients are unaware of existing options to communicate with their doctors, study findings suggest.
One way to bring more business into a practice is to explore outsourcing.
Physicians should prepare carefully; consider finances, legal issues, and insurance.
Providers do not have to learn all of the new 68,000 codes in ICD-10. Here's what steps they should take.
Doctors have limited time period to review financial data and dispute reports before they go public.
Practices may need to adjust schedules, time off, and compensation as the number of female urologists and nephrologists grows.
Patients perceive higher level of compassion among physicians who provide a more optimistic message
Understanding the market is one of the most important aspects of selling a practice.
Best way to prepare for an audit is to assume it will happen and make sure MU requirements are met
Experts review ACA provisions that practices should weigh when deciding on employee medical benefits.
EHRs ranked in five performance areas, including quality of care, patient portal, technical support
Practice Management Videos
- Phosphate Binder Adherence Challenging for Dialysis Patients
- Transperineal Prostate Biopsy Better for PCa Risk Statification
- Androgen Deprivation for Localized Prostate Cancer Ups Cardiac Risks
- Upping Shock Wave Frequency Improves Ureteral Stone Clearance
- Prostate Cancer Diagnosis Raises Suicide Risk
- Preop ADT Could Potentially Eradicate High-Risk Prostate Tumors
- PCa Deaths Rare Among Low-Risk Patients on Active Surveillance
- Can Tight Blood Pressure Control Prevent Repeat Hemorrhagic Strokes?
- Joint Pain Linked to DPP-4 Inhibitor Use by Type 2 Diabetics
- Doctor Involvement Improves Obese Patients' Weight-Loss Efforts
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)