Patients can be spared having to take off work and travel long distances for routine visits that do not require physical contact.
7 measures identified that demonstrate performance, can indicate opportunities for improvement.
Practices should develop specific policy for provider-patient termination.
Physician's expertise, time spent in exam room, and online access to info were key factors in trend.
Appointment schedules should reflect physicians' work style and patient demands.
Hospital reimbursements up, births among young women more often privately covered.
Online communications reduced need for phone calls and office visits for many.
More than half of docs report at least one symptom of burnout; efforts being undertaken to address burnout.
However, gaps in access to care and affordability still seen, especially for low-income adults.
Tips to prevent denials include checking EHR selection against documentation, being specific.
7 behaviors promote more consistent practice of interpersonal aspects of medicine.
At the highest level, the ratings can be used to categorize facilities. They can also indicate which facilities may need more resources.
Grueling medical training may help explain finding.
Surveys show a nearly 10% increase across a range of specialties in the United States.
Commercial carriers increasingly are auditing practices to recoup money paid as a result of inappropriate billing.
Practice Management Videos
- Twice-Weekly Dialysis May Preserve Residual Kidney Function
- Robotic Nephrectomy of Kidney Tumors With Thrombi Feasible
- How to Prevent Sexual Transmission of Zika Virus
- Parathyroidectomy Cuts Mortality Risk in Patients With Severe SHPT
- Prostate Cancer Diagnosis Ups Risk of Non-Cancer Hospitalizations
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)