Many providers still find EMRs vexing, even after all these years.
Significant differences seen even after accounting for age, experience, specialty, and faculty rank.
The gross revenue of the CCM program for a physician with 1,742 patients could range from $44,000 if about one-third of the Medicare patients are eligible to as much as $178,000 if two-thirds are.
Providers are becoming more comfortable with the new system, so Medicare and other payers may scrutinize claims more closely.
Prompt-pay discounts and payment plans are among the ways practices can improve collections of what patients owe.
Practice management systems (PMS) can be employed to maximize the time physicians spend on patient care.
Practices should get demos of the electronic medical record systems they are interested in and analyze the clinical and practice management aspects of these systems.
Survey results can identify physician outliers who may be bring down a whole group's satisfaction score.
The median number of drugs prescribed to seniors on hospital discharge was 7.8.
Women need to become better negotiators and lobby for transparency to reduce gender wage disparity.
While 99% exceed the recommended 3-day dosage limit, a quarter write Rx for opioids for a full month.
New labeling rules require immediate-release opioids to carry warnings for the serious risk for misuse.
Follow these tips to reduce the paperwork burden at your medical practice.
The FDA has cited potential serious health risks posed to both patients and health care providers.
Receiving increased payments from insurance companies requires physicians to be prepared with data.
Practice Management Videos
Renal and Urology News Articles
- High-Risk PCa Found in Black Men Initially on Active Surveillance
- Prostate Cancer Death Rate Higher Among Blacks in Most Big Cities
- Acute Kidney Injury Progression Predicted by Urinary Biomarkers
- Metformin Linked to Increased Risk of Acute Dialysis in T2DM
- Recognize When Sepsis Is an Emergency, CDC Says
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)