Generic Name and Formulations:
Calcium acetate 667mg (elemental calcium 169mg); gelcaps.
Fresenius Medical Care North America
Indications for PHOSLO:
Hyperphosphatemia in end stage renal failure.
1334mg with meals; usual max 2668mg per meal. Adjust dose to keep serum phosphate <6mg/dL.
Monitor serum calcium and phosphorus. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
Avoid digitalis, calcium supplements, antacids. May inhibit tetracycline absorption.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- FDA Approves Enzalutamide for Nonmetastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Urine Cytology May Not Improve Hematuria Evaluation for Bladder Cancer
- Bladder Hydrodistention May Ease Nocturia in Interstitial Cystitis
- Overnight Saline Irrigation May Prevent Early NMIBC Recurrence
- 5 Key Steps to Grow Your New Nephrology or Urology Practice
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)