Generic Name and Formulations:
Calcium acetate 667mg (elemental calcium 169mg); gelcaps.
Fresenius Medical Care North America
Indications for PHOSLO:
Hyperphosphatemia in end stage renal failure.
1334mg with meals; usual max 2668mg per meal. Adjust dose to keep serum phosphate <6mg/dL.
Monitor serum calcium and phosphorus. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
Avoid digitalis, calcium supplements, antacids. May inhibit tetracycline absorption.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- CROWNWeb Reporting Gets Up to Speed With Implementation of Dashboard
- Prostate Cancer Gene Testing Guidelines Issued
- Radical Nephrectomy Linked With Worse Kidney Function, Survival
- Acute Kidney Injury Increases Risk for Hypoglycemia in Diabetes Pts
- USPSTF Questions Nontraditional CVD Risk Factors for Assessment
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)