In a study, men with Peyronie's disease who tadalafil 5 mg per day had decreased pain on erection and degree of penile curvature.
Many men are unaware of erectile function recovery time and problems with ejaculation.
Urology subspeciality andrologists perform disproportionately higher numbers of procedures.
Single-institution study finds most patients satisfied with the results and would have the surgery again.
Allowing 1, 2, or 3 or more days between the first and second injection of collagenase clostridium histolyticum does not impact efficacy.
Perceived outcomes of patients aged 29 years or younger are different from those of patients in other age groups, study finds.
Study reveals no significant impact on changes in penile curvature or length.
Loss of penile sensation after plaque incision and grafting surgery for Peyonie's disease declines over time.
In a study of rats, penile traction had the edge for correcting curvature, but a vacuum erectile device was better for preserving erectile function.
Penile traction therapy reduced curvature and significantly improved erectile function and hardness.
It is the first medication approved by the agency for treating this erectile problem.
Phase 3 studies assessing XIAFLEX show this agent may significantly improve quality of life.
Collagenase clostridium histolyticum (Xioflex) is first non-surgical treatment to get FDA approval
Collagenase injections can decrease penile curvature in men with Peyronie's disease (PD).
Collagenase injections decrease penile curvature and eases symptom bother, data show.
Men with severe calcified Peyronie's disease (PD) plaques are more likely to progress to surgical treatment than men with non-calcified plaques.
Pentoxifylline sustained-release (PTX-SR) is moderately effective reducing penile curvature and plaque volume in men suffering from early Peyronie's disease, researchers concluded.
Extracorporeal shock wave therapy prevented increases in plaque size and curvature versus placebo.
Plaque incision and grafting with buccal mucosa may be a safe and effective treatment option for men with Peyronie's disease (PD).
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Daily Tadalafil May Be Effective for Peyronie's Disease
- High ESA and Iron Doses Up CVD, Death Risk in Hemodialysis Patients
- Diabetic CKD Patients Survive Longer With Metformin
- Tamsulosin Improves Clearance of Large Distal Ureteral Stones
- Case: Treating Iron Deficiency Anemia in a Heart Failure Patient
- Cytoreductive Nephrectomy Benefits for Metastatic RCC Demonstrated
- Phosphorus Content Higher in Packaged Meats Listing Phosphate Additives
- High Intakes of Teas, Peas, Soybeans May Increase Prostate Cancer Risk
- More Intense Treatment, Worse Quality of Life in Diabetes
- Hemodialysis CRBSI Outcomes Unaffected by Distance to Nephrologists
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)