Latest Peritoneal Dialysis News
Hypo- and hyperthyroidism predict an increased risk of all-cause mortality.
Assisted peritoneal dialysis and in-center hemodialysis are associated with similar hospitalization rates.
Sodium levels below 140 mEq/L associated with a higher death risk vs levels of 140 to less than 142 mEq/L.
Researchers found a 16% lower risk for strokes, heart attacks, and death combined among patients who took ACEIs or ARBs.
The risk is most elevated among individuals aged 44 years or younger.
New findings implicate transferrin saturation and nutritional status assessed by albumin.
Researchers report successful use of catheters within 24 hours in urgent situations.
Trend started around the introduction of the Medicare prospective payment system for dialysis care.
Blacks undergoing PD or home HD and Hispanics undergoing PD are less likely than their white counterparts to receive a kidney transplant.
Study of peritoneal dialysis patients showed that they do not adjust binders to match the phosphate content of meals and snacks.
Meta-analysis suggests a 9% decreased 5-year mortality risk associated with pre-transplant peritoneal dialysis versus hemodialysis.
Daily home hemodialysis also decreases likelihood of hospitalization and technique failure.
Cutting back on dietary phosphorus in addition to taking phosphate binders achieved greater decreases in serum phosphate in PD patients.
In a study, home hemodialysis was associated with a 53% decreased risk of death compared with peritoneal dialysis.
New report shows that Montenegro had the lowest rate of renal replacement therapy.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Hypogonadism in Male HD Patients Linked to Poor ESA Response
- Risk Factors for Post-TPTx Severe Hypocalcemia Identified
- Elevated CRP Linked With CKD Risk in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Losartan Reduces Aldosterone in Hypertension Without Sleep Apnea
- 10-Year Mortality for Localized PCa Does Not Differ by Treatment Choice