Latest Peritoneal Dialysis News
Meta-analysis suggests a 9% decreased 5-year mortality risk associated with pre-transplant peritoneal dialysis versus hemodialysis.
Daily home hemodialysis also decreases likelihood of hospitalization and technique failure.
Cutting back on dietary phosphorus in addition to taking phosphate binders achieved greater decreases in serum phosphate in PD patients.
In a study, home hemodialysis was associated with a 53% decreased risk of death compared with peritoneal dialysis.
New report shows that Montenegro had the lowest rate of renal replacement therapy.
Starting on peritoneal dialysis was associated with a 25% lower dementia risk versus starting on hemodialysis, a study showed.
Mission 0by25 hopes to stop preventable deaths from AKI by 2025.
Risk of hospitalization and modality failure is significantly lower, Canadian study finds.
Study of coronary artery calcification (CAC) risk also shows serum phosphorus levels associated with nutritional intake and dialysis adequacy.
New study excluded hemodialysis patients who used central venous catheters for vascular access.
Experts say that issues of cost to providers have prevented broader application of home dialysis.
Large study looked at matched pairs of lupus patients with renal disease starting dialysis with hemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis.
Highest survival rates found among patients whose initial dialysis modality was PD but where then switched to hemodialysis.
Hemodialysis patients are at higher risk than peritoneal dialysis and renal transplant recipients.
The risk is more than 13 times greater than with peritoneal dialysis.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
- Prostate Cancer ADT May Increase Thromboembolic Disease Risk
- Home-Cooked Meals Linked to Lower Risk of Type 2 Diabetes
- Social Jetlag Linked to Prediabetes, Cardiovascular Disease Risk
- Risk Factors for HD Patient Hospitalization for Infections Identified
- Prostate Cancer ADT Strategies Offer Similar Efficacy, QoL