Latest Peritoneal Dialysis News
Sodium levels below 140 mEq/L associated with a higher death risk vs levels of 140 to less than 142 mEq/L.
Researchers found a 16% lower risk for strokes, heart attacks, and death combined among patients who took ACEIs or ARBs.
The risk is most elevated among individuals aged 44 years or younger.
New findings implicate transferrin saturation and nutritional status assessed by albumin.
Researchers report successful use of catheters within 24 hours in urgent situations.
Trend started around the introduction of the Medicare prospective payment system for dialysis care.
Blacks undergoing PD or home HD and Hispanics undergoing PD are less likely than their white counterparts to receive a kidney transplant.
Study of peritoneal dialysis patients showed that they do not adjust binders to match the phosphate content of meals and snacks.
Meta-analysis suggests a 9% decreased 5-year mortality risk associated with pre-transplant peritoneal dialysis versus hemodialysis.
Daily home hemodialysis also decreases likelihood of hospitalization and technique failure.
Cutting back on dietary phosphorus in addition to taking phosphate binders achieved greater decreases in serum phosphate in PD patients.
In a study, home hemodialysis was associated with a 53% decreased risk of death compared with peritoneal dialysis.
New report shows that Montenegro had the lowest rate of renal replacement therapy.
Starting on peritoneal dialysis was associated with a 25% lower dementia risk versus starting on hemodialysis, a study showed.
Mission 0by25 hopes to stop preventable deaths from AKI by 2025.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
- Race Affects Switch from Prostate Cancer Observation to Active Therapy
- Flu Vaccine May Reduce Hospitalizations, Deaths in Type 2 Diabetes
- FDA Adds Safety Warnings to Fluoroquinolones
- PCa Active Surveillance Patients Enjoy Good Quality of Life
- Tumor Site in Bladder Adenocarcinoma Predicts Survival Outcomes