Latest Peritoneal Dialysis News
Except for gabapentin, evidence for 38 other treatments is weak and limited by small studies with a high risk of bias, new review finds.
VTE is more common among dialysis patients than in the general population, and the risk is highest in the first 6 months after dialysis initiation.
ESRD patients aged 60-64 years with no insurance or who are on Medicaid are less likely to initiate peritoneal dialysis.
Gentamicin cream use was associated with fewer exit-site infections due to gram-negative bacteria.
New and established peritoneal dialysis patients both showed this trend.
Their risk of the rare but life-threatening condition is twice as high as in hemodialysis patients.
Hypo- and hyperthyroidism predict an increased risk of all-cause mortality.
Assisted peritoneal dialysis and in-center hemodialysis are associated with similar hospitalization rates.
Sodium levels below 140 mEq/L associated with a higher death risk vs levels of 140 to less than 142 mEq/L.
Researchers found a 16% lower risk for strokes, heart attacks, and death combined among patients who took ACEIs or ARBs.
The risk is most elevated among individuals aged 44 years or younger.
New findings implicate transferrin saturation and nutritional status assessed by albumin.
Researchers report successful use of catheters within 24 hours in urgent situations.
Trend started around the introduction of the Medicare prospective payment system for dialysis care.
Blacks undergoing PD or home HD and Hispanics undergoing PD are less likely than their white counterparts to receive a kidney transplant.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Immunotherapy Superior to Sunitinib for Front-Line mRCC Treatment
- Pruritus in Hemodialysis Patients Underestimated, Undertreated
- Anagliptin Improves LDL Partly Via ApoB-100 Suppression
- First Metastasis Site Predicts Prostate Cancer-Specific Survival
- High Phosphorus Ups Risk of Kidney Transplant Failure, Death