Latest Peritoneal Dialysis News
Cutting back on dietary phosphorus in addition to taking phosphate binders achieved greater decreases in serum phosphate in PD patients.
In a study, home hemodialysis was associated with a 53% decreased risk of death compared with peritoneal dialysis.
New report shows that Montenegro had the lowest rate of renal replacement therapy.
Starting on peritoneal dialysis was associated with a 25% lower dementia risk versus starting on hemodialysis, a study showed.
Mission 0by25 hopes to stop preventable deaths from AKI by 2025.
Risk of hospitalization and modality failure is significantly lower, Canadian study finds.
Study of coronary artery calcification (CAC) risk also shows serum phosphorus levels associated with nutritional intake and dialysis adequacy.
New study excluded hemodialysis patients who used central venous catheters for vascular access.
Experts say that issues of cost to providers have prevented broader application of home dialysis.
Large study looked at matched pairs of lupus patients with renal disease starting dialysis with hemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis.
Highest survival rates found among patients whose initial dialysis modality was PD but where then switched to hemodialysis.
Hemodialysis patients are at higher risk than peritoneal dialysis and renal transplant recipients.
The risk is more than 13 times greater than with peritoneal dialysis.
Study reveals a decline in the use of erythropoiesis-stimulating agents and an increase in the use of iron.
The adjusted rate fell 26.5% from 1996 to 2011, but remains much higher than in the general population.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
- Erectile Function Worsens In Most Men After Prostate Biopsy
- Transperineal Prostate Biopsy Better for PCa Risk Statification
- Androgen Deprivation for Localized Prostate Cancer Ups Cardiac Risks
- Upping Shock Wave Frequency Improves Ureteral Stone Clearance
- High-Grade Prostate Cancer Linked to Low Testosterone