Latest Peritoneal Dialysis News
The risk is most elevated among individuals aged 44 years or younger.
New findings implicate transferrin saturation and nutritional status assessed by albumin.
Researchers report successful use of catheters within 24 hours in urgent situations.
Trend started around the introduction of the Medicare prospective payment system for dialysis care.
Blacks undergoing PD or home HD and Hispanics undergoing PD are less likely than their white counterparts to receive a kidney transplant.
Study of peritoneal dialysis patients showed that they do not adjust binders to match the phosphate content of meals and snacks.
Meta-analysis suggests a 9% decreased 5-year mortality risk associated with pre-transplant peritoneal dialysis versus hemodialysis.
Daily home hemodialysis also decreases likelihood of hospitalization and technique failure.
Cutting back on dietary phosphorus in addition to taking phosphate binders achieved greater decreases in serum phosphate in PD patients.
In a study, home hemodialysis was associated with a 53% decreased risk of death compared with peritoneal dialysis.
New report shows that Montenegro had the lowest rate of renal replacement therapy.
Starting on peritoneal dialysis was associated with a 25% lower dementia risk versus starting on hemodialysis, a study showed.
Mission 0by25 hopes to stop preventable deaths from AKI by 2025.
Risk of hospitalization and modality failure is significantly lower, Canadian study finds.
Study of coronary artery calcification (CAC) risk also shows serum phosphorus levels associated with nutritional intake and dialysis adequacy.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
- Blacks With Diabetes and CKD Have Higher CVD Risk
- Worse Re-transplant Outcomes for HIV Positive Patients
- Race, Procedure Type Influence Morbidity in Pediatric Surgery Patients
- Parathyroidectomy Rates Stable Despite Changes in Medical Therapy
- Early Recurrence After Laparoscopic Radical Cystectomy Explored