Generic Name and Formulations:
Alitretinoin 0.1%; gel.
Indications for PANRETIN:
Cutaneous lesions of AIDS-related Kaposi's sarcoma (KS).
Apply twice daily to lesions (avoid mucous membranes and normal skin); do not occlude; may increase to 3–4 times daily as tolerated. Reduce frequency or suspend treatment if local toxicity occurs.
Not for use when systemic KS therapy required. Avoid sun, UV light. Flammable. Pregnancy (Cat.D), nursing mothers: not recommended.
Increases DEET toxicity (avoid).
Photosensitivity, rash, pruritus, pain, exfoliative dermatitis, paresthesia, edema.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- New Cholesterol Guidelines Consider CKD 'Risk-Enhancing'
- Gadolinium-Based Contrast May Up Acute Kidney Injury Risk in CKD
- Salvage Prostatectomy May Benefit Some Prostate Cancer Patients
- Extraprostatic Extension Indicates Aggressive Prostate Cancer
- Surgery, Radiation Regimens for High-Grade PCa Offer Similar Outcomes
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)