Latest Overactive Bladder News
Prospective study reveals a 1-year surgical intervention rate of 13%.
Consistent mean reductions in urinary incontinence; durable improvements in quality of life.
De novo OAB — defined as urgency with or without frequency and nocturia — developed in some patients.
Reoperation rate for transvaginal mesh prolapse surgery is 4%.
These same patients, however, had less intense detrusor overactivity, urodynamic evaluation revealed.
Urologists and gynecologists are 49% and 30% more likely than primary care doctors to prescribe second-generation agents.
Potentially inappropriate medication use is prevalent in older adults undergoing antimuscarinic treatment for overactive bladder.
Patients' median bladder capacity improved from 150 to 200 mL and continence improved in nearly 90% of patients.
Researchers also find a significant association between smoking and secondary nocturnal enuresis.
A high cure rate was observed in women with de novo OAB symptoms following transobturator tape surgery.
Symptom improvement was greater in patients receiving tamsulosin plus darifenacin compared with tamsulosin monotherapy.
Adding vaginal estrogen may sustain the effects.
Among seniors with severe overactive bladder, a combination of solifenacin and mirabegron decreased incontinence by an average 3.5 episodes a day.
The number of neuromodulation test procedures performed per physician has increased.
Small reductions in urge incontinence episodes, voids per day with daily dose of medications.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Stone Management Using Ultrasonography Alone Falls Short
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism Risk Higher With Furosemide Use
- Metformin Linked to Increased Risk of Acute Dialysis in T2DM
- Post-Transplant Decrease in Kidney Graft Size Predicts Worse Outcomes
- ESRD Patients Visit Emergency Departments More Frequently
- Treatment-Related Hospitalizations Similar for PCa Surgery, Radiation
- Even Mild CKD Raises Gastrointestinal Bleeding Risk
- Slimmer People Have Lower Risks of Kidney, Other Cancers
- CDC Reports Zika Transmission by Symptomless Sex Partner
- High-Risk PCa Found in Black Men Initially on Active Surveillance
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)