ORTHO MICRONOR Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Norethindrone 0.35mg (28 tabs).
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for ORTHO MICRONOR:
Continuous regimen: 1 tab daily.
Premenarchal: not recommended.
Known or suspected breast carcinoma. Undiagnosed abnormal genital bleeding. Liver tumors. Acute liver disease. Pregnancy (Cat.X).
Cigarette smoking. Ectopic pregnancy (monitor). Increased risk of breast cancer. Do physical exams at least annually. Monitor carbohydrate and lipid metabolism. Discontinue if migraine or other serious headaches occur. Use back-up contraception for 48hrs if taken 3hrs or more late. Nursing mothers: if not exclusively breastfeeding may start 3 weeks after delivery; if fully breastfeeding may start 6 weeks after delivery.
Antagonized by hepatic enzyme-inducing drugs (eg, phenytoin, carbamazepine, barbiturates, rifampin, St. John's Wort, bosentan). May affect lab tests (eg, sex hormone binding globulins, thyroid).
Menstrual irregularities, frequent or irregular bleeding, headache, breast tenderness, nausea, dizziness; delayed follicular atresia, ovarian cysts, androgenic effects (rare).
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Surgery, Radiation Regimens for High-Grade PCa Offer Similar Outcomes
- Molecular Subtypes Linked to Outcomes in Acute Kidney Injury
- AHA: Icosapent Ethyl Cuts CV Risk From Elevated Triglycerides
- AHA: Dapagliflozin Noninferior to Placebo for MACE in T2DM
- Health Information Breach Brings Record Settlement
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)