NYQUIL SINUS OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetaminophen 325mg, doxylamine succinate 6.25mg, phenylephrine HCl 5mg; per liquiCap.
Procter & Gamble Pharmaceuticals
Indications for NYQUIL SINUS:
Sinus pain, congestion, rhinorrhea, sneezing, headache.
2 caps every 4 hours; max 6 doses/24 hours.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Concomitant other acetaminophen products.
Hepatic dysfunction. Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. GI or GU obstruction. Glaucoma. Thyroid disease. Diabetes. Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. Increased risk of hepatotoxicity with ≥3 alcoholic drinks/day; avoid. β-blockers increase pressor effects of sympathomimetics. Antagonizes antihypertensives. Increased CNS effects with other CNS depressants.
Analgesic + antihistamine + sympathomimetic.
Drowsiness, nervousness, dizziness, insomnia, anticholinergic effects, excitability in children, hepatotoxicity (overdosage).
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Novel Blood Test Improves Detection of High-Grade Prostate Cancer
- Stone Composition Affects Nephrolithiasis Recurrence Rate
- Ultrasound Still Underused for Initial Imaging of Acute Renal Colic
- Hyperkalemia Drug Receives FDA Approval
- Post-op Intravesical Gemcitabine May Lower Bladder CA Recurrence Risk
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)