ESRD patients aged 60-64 years with no insurance or who are on Medicaid are less likely to initiate peritoneal dialysis.
Nearly twice as many patients achieved the target phosphorus range after a year of taking the phosphate binder, regardless of iPTH level.
Ferric pyrophosphate citrate delivered via dialysate or intravenously rapidly donates iron to transferrin and is rapidly cleared from the circulation.
Nearly a quarter of hospitalizations are followed by readmission within 30 days for non-elective reasons.
Study characterizes the link between admission potassium levels and in-hospital mortality overall and among CKD and CVD patients.
Study documents an upswing in emergency department visits and observation stays.
Gout is uncontrolled in the majority of individuals with the condition, data show.
Evidence to date provides no clear answer as to whether early or delayed RRT is the best approach.
Benefits include rapid assessment of kidney size, cortical thickness, and volume status.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- CROWNWeb Reporting Gets Up to Speed With Implementation of Dashboard
- Prostate Cancer Gene Testing Guidelines Issued
- Radical Nephrectomy Linked With Worse Kidney Function, Survival
- Acute Kidney Injury Increases Risk for Hypoglycemia in Diabetes Pts
- USPSTF Questions Nontraditional CVD Risk Factors for Assessment
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)