Generic Name and Formulations:
Nitroglycerin 0.3mg, 0.4mg, 0.6mg; sublingual tabs.
Indications for NITROSTAT:
Acute relief of angina attack. Acute prophylaxis of angina pectoris.
Treatment: 1 tab sublingually or in buccal pouch at onset, may repeat in 5 mins; max 3 tabs in 15 mins. Prophylaxis: 5–10 mins before activity.
Early MI. Severe anemia. Increased intracranial pressure. Concomitant PDE-5 inhibitors (eg, sildenafil, tadalafil, vardenafil), soluble guanylate cyclase stimulator (eg, riociguat).
Acute MI, CHF: monitor. Hypotensive or volume depleted. Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Avoid abrupt cessation. Discontinue if blurred vision or dry mouth occurs. Use lowest effective dose. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Hypotension potentiated by PDE-5 inhibitors, calcium channel blockers, riociguat, alcohol, aspirin. May antagonize alteplase, heparin. Drugs that cause dry mouth (eg, tricyclics, anticholinergics) may interfere with sublingual dissolution. Avoid ergotamine and related drugs. Tolerance to other forms of nitrates may blunt effects. May interfere with cholesterol tests.
Headache, vertigo, weakness, palpitation, orthostatic hypotension, tachycardia, syncope, flushing, rash, exfoliative dermatitis.
Tabs 0.4mg—4 x 25, 100; 0.3mg, 0.6mg—100
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Daily Tadalafil May Be Effective for Peyronie's Disease
- High ESA and Iron Doses Up CVD, Death Risk in Hemodialysis Patients
- Diabetic CKD Patients Survive Longer With Metformin
- Tamsulosin Improves Clearance of Large Distal Ureteral Stones
- Case: Treating Iron Deficiency Anemia in a Heart Failure Patient
- Cytoreductive Nephrectomy Benefits for Metastatic RCC Demonstrated
- Phosphorus Content Higher in Packaged Meats Listing Phosphate Additives
- High Intakes of Teas, Peas, Soybeans May Increase Prostate Cancer Risk
- More Intense Treatment, Worse Quality of Life in Diabetes
- Hemodialysis CRBSI Outcomes Unaffected by Distance to Nephrologists
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)