Generic Name and Formulations:
Nilutamide 150mg; tabs.
Concordia Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Indications for NILANDRON:
Metastatic prostate cancer (Stage D2), as an adjunct to surgical castration.
300mg once daily for 30 days then 150mg once daily, starting day of or day after surgical castration.
Severe hepatic impairment or respiratory insufficiency.
Obtain baseline liver and pulmonary function tests, routine chest X-ray. Monitor for interstitial pneumonitis; discontinue if symptoms occur. Monitor liver function for first 4 months then periodically; discontinue if ALT > 2xULN or jaundice occurs. May discolor urine or sclera. Pregnancy (not for use in women). Nursing mothers.
Monitor drugs metabolized by CYP450 (eg, Vit. K antagonists, theophylline, phenytoin); may need to adjust dose. May cause alcohol intolerance.
Hot flushes, impaired night vision, GI upset, increased liver enzymes, constipation, dizziness, abnormal vision, hypertension, hepatitis, interstitial pneumonitis.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- New Cholesterol Guidelines Consider CKD 'Risk-Enhancing'
- Gadolinium-Based Contrast May Up Acute Kidney Injury Risk in CKD
- Salvage Prostatectomy May Benefit Some Prostate Cancer Patients
- Extraprostatic Extension Indicates Aggressive Prostate Cancer
- Surgery, Radiation Regimens for High-Grade PCa Offer Similar Outcomes
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)