Nonalbuminuric chronic kidney disease was linked to increases in all-cause and cardiovascular mortality, but not albuminuria or end-stage renal disease.
Approved for patients unable to get LDL cholesterol under control with current treatment options.
Homebound elderly might benefit from supplementation, research suggests.
Daily home hemodialysis also decreases likelihood of hospitalization and technique failure.
Giving docetaxel before abiraterone does not improve progression-free and overall survival compared with the reverse sequence.
Improvement in patient satisfaction, decrease in perceived frequency of hyperglycemia.
African-American patients, however, had significantly higher intact parathyroid hormone levels, possibly due to lower 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels.
Lack of association found in a study of men in the placebo arm of the Prostate Cancer Prevention Trial.
Researchers don't know if the drugs signal developing disease, or contribute to it.
Development of hyponatremia during hospitalization was associated with a significantly higher in-hospital mortality rate.
Patients who stopped smoking also reported less angina.
Risk varies by type of hysterectomy for benign and malignant conditions; lower for benign conditions.
Men with PCa have a 4-fold increased risk of suicidal death within 3 months of diagnosis compared to men who have other solid cancers.
Review indicates that doctors who operate the night before another surgery do well.
Years of caregiving take physical, emotional toll, researchers find.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
- Transperineal Prostate Biopsy Better for PCa Risk Statification
- Androgen Deprivation for Localized Prostate Cancer Ups Cardiac Risks
- Upping Shock Wave Frequency Improves Ureteral Stone Clearance
- Phosphate Binder Adherence Challenging for Dialysis Patients
- Prostate Cancer Diagnosis Raises Suicide Risk