Patients with preserved residual kidney function experience a survival benefit.
A retrospective study has shown that the procedure is feasible and was performed safely in selected patients with renal tumors.
After 3 reported cases of possible sexual transmission of Zika virus, the CDC has released interim guidelines to prevent sexual transmission.
Study finds a 20% to 25% lower risk for early death over the long term.
Risk of being admitted for non-cancer conditions is 38% higher in the year after a PCa diagnosis compared with a year before.
Overweight, obesity tied to higher incidence of CKD even in metabolically healthy younger patients.
Lower rates of awareness of prolapse, reoperation for prolapse; higher rates of de novo incontinence.
The advice is useful as clinicians wait for formal guidelines.
Ablating only the prostate lobe with the tumor resulted in satisfactory mid-term functional outcomes, researchers reported.
Prostatic arterial embolization significantly reduced volumes of median lobes, central zones, peripheral zones, and whole prostate glands.
Differential effect of 2012 USPSTF recommendations for primary care providers, urologists.
True prevalence of hypospadias and related trends are difficult to estimate.
ERA-EDTA offers guidance on selecting patients for treatment, when to start the drug, dosing strategies, and other aspects of care.
Statin users had 30% increased odds of acute kidney injury and 36% increased odds of chronic kidney disease compared with non-users.
SWL treatment success rate was 70.4% and 53.1% for stones less than 15 mm and 15 mm or larger, respectively.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
- Twice-Weekly Dialysis May Preserve Residual Kidney Function
- Robotic Nephrectomy of Kidney Tumors With Thrombi Feasible
- How to Prevent Sexual Transmission of Zika Virus
- Parathyroidectomy Cuts Mortality Risk in Patients With Severe SHPT
- Prostate Cancer Diagnosis Ups Risk of Non-Cancer Hospitalizations