Management strategy also is associated with reduced mortality risk, but not achievement of hemoglobin targets.
Results show that mpMRI and PI-RADSv2 score have a greater ability to detect prostate cancer progression after TRT compared with PSA.
Addition of external beam therapy doesn't improve 5-year progression-free survival in prostate cancet
End-stage renal disease is 32% more likely to develop in patients with C-reactive protein levels of 6.9 mg/L or higher vs 3.0 mg/L or lower.
Parathyroidectomy may improve leptin regulation and heart rate variability in SHPT patients.
Data from 21 observational studies showed an 8% increased risk of prostate cancer.
Dietary changes, other meds, and even surgery can lower cardiovascular risk similarly to statins.
Effect estimates are much more significant for individuals diagnosed with prediabetes.
The formulation decreased intact parathyroid hormone levels by at least 10% in 72% of CKD patients with secondary hyperparathyroidism.
Study of US veterans reveals, however, that the procedure is being used less in subgroups who might benefit the most.
In a small study, researchers observed a decrease in tumor burden and extended duration of therapy.
Trajectories in eGRF decline were linear for about 87% of patients, accelerating for 6%.
The presence of parathyroid nodules suggests worse bone metabolic profiles in patients with severe secondary hyperparathyroidism.
Increased type I collagen mRNA expression in the extracellular matrix microenvironment is associated with poor progression-free survival.
Screening strategies are needed, as is further research on appropriate therapeutic approach.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Uric Acid Threshold That Predicts Kidney Stone Formation Identified
- Hypogonadism in Male HD Patients Linked to Poor ESA Response
- Bladder Cancer Progression Linked to Collagen Changes
- Elevated CRP Linked With CKD Risk in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Losartan Reduces Aldosterone in Hypertension Without Sleep Apnea
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)