Latest NKF Meeting Coverage
In a 5-year follow-up study, 27 of 28 patients treated with adrenocorticotropic hormone had complete or partial remission.
For the first time, researchers have estimated the prevalence and incidence of the disorder.
An eGFR below 45 mL/min/1.73 m2 was associated with a 55% increased risk of death from cancer versus an eGFR of 90 or higher.
Use is associated with fewer hospitalizations versus sevelamer carbonate and calcium acetate.
In mice with and without CKD, phosphorus levels decreased by an average of 35% by 6 hours after injection with long-acting PTH.
It also was associated with high hemoglobin levels and reduced levels of C-reactive protein.
Protein levels found to modify the effect of serum phosphorus with mortality in hemodialysis patients.
In 3 trials, the annual cost for preventing 1 patient from being transfused varied from $61,188 to $317,988.
A level of 7 mg/dL or higher is associated with a 62% increased risk compared with lower levels.
Younger age and longer dialysis vintage associated with greater likelihood of having the operation.
Researchers compared the novel iron-based phosphate binder with sevelamer.
Study reveals a decline in the use of erythropoiesis-stimulating agents and an increase in the use of iron.
When administered concomitantly with tacrolimus in kidney transplant patients, it hiked the risk of acute rejection by more than 2-fold.
Each 0.5 mg/dL increment in phosphorus was associated with a 7% increased risk of anemia.
Ordering process cut the number of epoetin alfa doses by 71% and medication costs by 69%.
Their unadjusted 5-year death-censored graft survival and patient survival rates are higher compared with other recipients.
In a study, nurses and technicians educated groups of hemodialysis patients about phosphate binders.
Study reveals an association with greater use of ESAs and higher inpatient and outpatient costs.
Researchers tested an intervention that included an educational fair, phosphorus group social, and staff education on phosphate binders.
In a head-to-head comparison, researchers observed a higher rate of adverse events with iron dextran than iron sucrose or ferric gluconate.
- Optimal PSA Threshold For Targeted Biopsy Identified
- Plant-Based Phosphorus Best for Kidney Disease (CKD) Patients
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) Beneficial in Diabetes Mellitus Patients
- Stopping Renal Cell Carcinoma (mRCC) Drugs Induces Tumor Flare
- Red Meat Contributes to Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) Risk Due to Gut Bacteria
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) Patients Benefit from Exercise Rehab
- What effect does advertising to attract patients have on perception of the medical profession?
- Prior Kidney Donor Favorable Waitlist Policy is Working
- Brown Fat Could Help Manage Diabetes
- New 5-Star Dialysis Facility Rating System To Debut
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)