The FDA just approved a new short-acting insulin drug, Admelog, for patients with either T1D or T2D.
Pharmacomechanical thrombolysis used with anticoagulation treatment, did not decrease post-thrombotic syndrome risks but increased major bleeding risks in patients with acute proximal DVT.
Of the 99 percent of seniors who felt they knew how to avoid mixing medications, only 35% actually sought advice.
Semaglutide helps patients with diabetes reduce blood glucose levels and lower body weight.
Lifestyle and clinical factors could have been misinterpreted, linking antibiotics to risk of diabetes.
Sulfonylureas and thiazolidinediones adherence was stronger than metformin adherence.
In intervention studies, greatest risk of dry mouth found with urological medications.
Over 25% of patients surveyed admitted that they would use antibiotics without consulting a doctor first.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Tamsulosin Improves Clearance of Large Distal Ureteral Stones
- Calciphylaxis in CKD Patients Linked to Hypercoagulable Conditions
- Ceruloplasmin a Possible Marker of CKD in Sickle Cell Anemia
- Shift in HIV-Associated Kidney Disease Characterized
- Post-Parathyroidectomy Calcium Requirement Linked to Preop ALP
- Cytoreductive Nephrectomy Benefits for Metastatic RCC Demonstrated
- Phosphorus Content Higher in Packaged Meats Listing Phosphate Additives
- High Intakes of Teas, Peas, Soybeans May Increase Prostate Cancer Risk
- More Intense Treatment, Worse Quality of Life in Diabetes
- Hemodialysis CRBSI Outcomes Unaffected by Distance to Nephrologists
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)