Suffering existentially, loss of independence, and incapability to enjoy life were some reasons patients pursued EOLOA.
Delayed-release Niacin may be beneficial to patients with prediabetes and type 2 diabetes.
The ACC released decision pathways to help clinicians manage bleeding in patients taking oral anticoagulants.
The FDA just approved a new short-acting insulin drug, Admelog, for patients with either T1D or T2D.
Pharmacomechanical thrombolysis used with anticoagulation treatment, did not decrease post-thrombotic syndrome risks but increased major bleeding risks in patients with acute proximal DVT.
Of the 99 percent of seniors who felt they knew how to avoid mixing medications, only 35% actually sought advice.
Semaglutide helps patients with diabetes reduce blood glucose levels and lower body weight.
Lifestyle and clinical factors could have been misinterpreted, linking antibiotics to risk of diabetes.
Sulfonylureas and thiazolidinediones adherence was stronger than metformin adherence.
In intervention studies, greatest risk of dry mouth found with urological medications.
Over 25% of patients surveyed admitted that they would use antibiotics without consulting a doctor first.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Aggressive Therapy Warranted for Gleason 10 Prostate Cancer
- PET/CT May Improve Imaging of Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Adding MRI Does Not Boost Prostate Cancer Upgrading Rate
- Both High and Low Uric Acid Levels Tied to Higher Mortality
- Trulicity Labeling Updated to Include Data on T2D Patients With CKD
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)