Latest Lupus Nephritis News
No change in interferon signature in vitamin D-deficient patients, those with vitamin D repletion.
Increased risk of systemic lupus erythematosus, lupus nephritis with copy number loss, not gain.
Urinary red blood cells undermine a composite prediction of renal outcome.
New study also provides evidence that an early proteinuria decrease is a strong predictor of good long-term outcome.
Minority race/ethnicity and lack of private insurance associated with inadequate care in U.S.
The risk of end-stage renal disease in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus may even be declining, but outcomes differ by race.
The condition appears to be associated with high hospitalization and death rates, researchers reported.
Half of those lupus nephritis patients taking three medications achieved full remission.
A plant-based compound could provide a new treatment for lupus nephritis with fewer side effects.
Large study looked at matched pairs of lupus patients with renal disease starting dialysis with hemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis.
With systemic lupus erythematosus, kidney disease reduces life expectancy an average of 15 years
Predictors of moderate-severe SLE flare at week 52 identified using three indicators
A 50% or greater reduction in proteinuria after six months of treatment for severe lupus nephritis predicted better 15-year renal survival.
Lupus nephritis patients can be good candidates if their disease is quiescent for at least one year prior to surgery.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
- Phosphate Binder Adherence Challenging for Dialysis Patients
- Transperineal Prostate Biopsy Better for PCa Risk Statification
- Androgen Deprivation for Localized Prostate Cancer Ups Cardiac Risks
- Upping Shock Wave Frequency Improves Ureteral Stone Clearance
- Prostate Cancer Diagnosis Raises Suicide Risk
- Preop ADT Could Potentially Eradicate High-Risk Prostate Tumors
- PCa Deaths Rare Among Low-Risk Patients on Active Surveillance
- Can Tight Blood Pressure Control Prevent Repeat Hemorrhagic Strokes?
- Joint Pain Linked to DPP-4 Inhibitor Use by Type 2 Diabetics
- Doctor Involvement Improves Obese Patients' Weight-Loss Efforts