Latest Lupus Nephritis News
End-stage renal disease is 5-fold more likely to develop in patients with 3 or more infection-related hospitalizations versus none.
The primary outcome was reduction in proteinuria, as measured by protein-to-creatinine (P:C) ratio in a 12-hour urine collection, at 24 weeks compared with baseline.
Chemokines, cytokines, and markers of cellular damage had the most predictive power.
The development of this scale, once further validated, will give clinicians the ability to verify lupus nephritis activity without the need for an invasive kidney biopsy.
Among the findings, researchers found no association between mixed or pure histopathologic features of LN at presentation and rates of complete or partial remission.
Researchers find an increased risk of death among patients.
Athcar gel may be a treatment option for patients with treatment-resistant nephrotic syndrome.
Antimalarial protects against metabolic syndrome, countering steroid effects.
No change in interferon signature in vitamin D-deficient patients, those with vitamin D repletion.
Increased risk of systemic lupus erythematosus, lupus nephritis with copy number loss, not gain.
Urinary red blood cells undermine a composite prediction of renal outcome.
New study also provides evidence that an early proteinuria decrease is a strong predictor of good long-term outcome.
Minority race/ethnicity and lack of private insurance associated with inadequate care in U.S.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Novel Calcimimetic Approved for Secondary Hyperparathyroidism
- Prostate Cancer Treatment Prolongs Survival
- Misplaced Mobile Devices Lead to HHS Investigations, Millions in Fines
- PCa Salvage Radiation Plus Anti-Androgen Therapy Improves Outcomes
- Targeted Biopsy Improves Detection of Significant PCa in Black Men