Latest Lupus Nephritis News
Antimalarial protects against metabolic syndrome, countering steroid effects.
No change in interferon signature in vitamin D-deficient patients, those with vitamin D repletion.
Increased risk of systemic lupus erythematosus, lupus nephritis with copy number loss, not gain.
Urinary red blood cells undermine a composite prediction of renal outcome.
New study also provides evidence that an early proteinuria decrease is a strong predictor of good long-term outcome.
Minority race/ethnicity and lack of private insurance associated with inadequate care in U.S.
The risk of end-stage renal disease in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus may even be declining, but outcomes differ by race.
The condition appears to be associated with high hospitalization and death rates, researchers reported.
Half of those lupus nephritis patients taking three medications achieved full remission.
A plant-based compound could provide a new treatment for lupus nephritis with fewer side effects.
Large study looked at matched pairs of lupus patients with renal disease starting dialysis with hemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis.
With systemic lupus erythematosus, kidney disease reduces life expectancy an average of 15 years
Predictors of moderate-severe SLE flare at week 52 identified using three indicators
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
- Adverse Events in CKD Patients More Frequent with IV Iron
- Bladder Pain Syndrome/Interstitial Cystitis Linked to Statins
- Beta-Blockers May Increase Risk of Surgical Complications for Some
- Coronary Artery Calcium Score Improves CHD Risk Prediction
- Negative Spiritual Belief Linked to Worse Health Outcomes