Legal Issues In Medicine
Analysis found roughly 10% of cases were filed after 15-day deadline passed.
California court finds that state's cap on noneconomic damages is constitutional.
Individual cognitive factors accounted for half of all contributing human factor nano-codes.
Academic health system uses nondisclosure clauses in most malpractice settlement agreements.
Among other things, Dr. Oz is accused of peddling "quack treatments and cures," according to news reports.
Researchers call for enhanced security as more patient information is stored online.
Understanding legal issues allows effective use of physician extenders, who can be beneficial in health care.
Article provides suggestions to protect physician from liability, accusations of patient abandonment
Clinicians missed several opportunities to advocate for their patient, leading to the loss of a leg.
Tips include defining minimum requirement necessary for establishing doctor-patient relationship.
Fear of corporate defamation lawsuits should not prevent examination of corporate products, researchers argue.
A harried family practitioner mistook a bacterial infection for a viral infection.
He had ordered two computed tomography scans for a man in his early 70's, but simply filed away the scan results without looking at them.
Legal Issues Videos
- Few African American and Latinos Pursuing Careers as Physicians
- Recent Developments in Prostate Cancer Management
- Novel Technique May Improve Detection of Aggressive Prostate Cancer
- Abnormal Mineral, Bone Markers in Dialysis Patients Hike Mortality
- Longer Dialysis Session Gap Raises Hospitalization, Death Risk
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)