Legal Issues In Medicine
Many believe meds supported by stronger evidence than the law requires to achieve designation.
Case surrounds whether liability under IFPA can be based on what a practice should have known.
A few doctors account for disproportionately large number of paid malpractice claims.
Analysis finds studies paid for by private sector increasing, while US-sponsored trials decline.
Physicians can now prescribe life-ending drugs to terminally ill patients.
Half of legal actions result from non-physician performing the procedure.
Panel urges changes to an increasingly complex health care system.
Court supported insurance company in termination of doctors after dispute over necessity of services
Analysis found roughly 10% of cases were filed after 15-day deadline passed.
California court finds that state's cap on noneconomic damages is constitutional.
Individual cognitive factors accounted for half of all contributing human factor nano-codes.
Academic health system uses nondisclosure clauses in most malpractice settlement agreements.
Understanding legal issues allows effective use of physician extenders, who can be beneficial in health care.
Article provides suggestions to protect physician from liability, accusations of patient abandonment
Legal Issues Videos
- CKD Progression After Acute Kidney Injury Characterized
- High Sodium Intake May Up CVD Risk in CKD Patients
- Guidelines Recommend Weight-loss Surgery to Treat Type 2 Diabetes
- Achieving 4 Lifestyle Standards May Reduce Cancer Mortality
- Fluid Overload at RRT Initiation Ups AKI Patients' Long-Term Mortality
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)