Legal Issues Videos
Legal Issues In Medicine
Individual cognitive factors accounted for half of all contributing human factor nano-codes.
Academic health system uses nondisclosure clauses in most malpractice settlement agreements.
Among other things, Dr. Oz is accused of peddling "quack treatments and cures," according to news reports.
Researchers call for enhanced security as more patient information is stored online.
Understanding legal issues allows effective use of physician extenders, who can be beneficial in health care.
Article provides suggestions to protect physician from liability, accusations of patient abandonment
Clinicians missed several opportunities to advocate for their patient, leading to the loss of a leg.
Tips include defining minimum requirement necessary for establishing doctor-patient relationship.
Fear of corporate defamation lawsuits should not prevent examination of corporate products, researchers argue.
A harried family practitioner mistook a bacterial infection for a viral infection.
He had ordered two computed tomography scans for a man in his early 70's, but simply filed away the scan results without looking at them.
A nurse and pharmacist misread a nephrologist's handwritten prescription for a dialysis patient.
A urologist had explained to the patient that a split ureter is a potential risk of ureteroscopy.
- Dietary Interventions Improve Hyperphosphatemia Treatment
- Genomic Prostate Score Predicts PCa Recurrence, Adverse Pathology
- New Dyslipidemia Guidelines Eliminate Treatment Targets
- Dysfunctional HDL May Contribute to Excess CVD Risk in CKD Patients
- Weekend Hospitalizations Worsen Outcomes for Metastatic PCa Patients
- Obesity, Diabetes Hike Post-Cystectomy Surgical Site Infection Risk
- No Worse Outcomes After Salvage Cystectomy for Bladder Cancer
- Some Post-Cystectomy Risks Increase with Older Age, Comorbidities
- Laparoscopically Harvesting Right Kidneys from Living Donors Safe
- Local Tumor Ablation of Small Renal Masses Offers Survival Edge
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)