Legal Issues In Medicine
A few doctors account for disproportionately large number of paid malpractice claims.
Analysis finds studies paid for by private sector increasing, while US-sponsored trials decline.
Physicians can now prescribe life-ending drugs to terminally ill patients.
Half of legal actions result from non-physician performing the procedure.
Panel urges changes to an increasingly complex health care system.
Court supported insurance company in termination of doctors after dispute over necessity of services
Analysis found roughly 10% of cases were filed after 15-day deadline passed.
California court finds that state's cap on noneconomic damages is constitutional.
Individual cognitive factors accounted for half of all contributing human factor nano-codes.
Academic health system uses nondisclosure clauses in most malpractice settlement agreements.
Among other things, Dr. Oz is accused of peddling "quack treatments and cures," according to news reports.
Researchers call for enhanced security as more patient information is stored online.
Understanding legal issues allows effective use of physician extenders, who can be beneficial in health care.
Article provides suggestions to protect physician from liability, accusations of patient abandonment
Clinicians missed several opportunities to advocate for their patient, leading to the loss of a leg.
Legal Issues Videos
- Twice-Weekly Dialysis May Preserve Residual Kidney Function
- Robotic Nephrectomy of Kidney Tumors With Thrombi Feasible
- How to Prevent Sexual Transmission of Zika Virus
- Parathyroidectomy Cuts Mortality Risk in Patients With Severe SHPT
- Prostate Cancer Diagnosis Ups Risk of Non-Cancer Hospitalizations
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)