KLOR-CON POWDER Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Potassium (as chloride) 20mEq/packet; pwd for oral soln; orange flavor.
Upsher-Smith Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for KLOR-CON POWDER:
Hypokalemia, including that caused by diuretics. Digitalis intoxication without AV block.
Take with meals and fluids. Swallow tabs whole; may break Klor-Con M tabs in half, or mix in 4oz water. Effervescent tabs, pwd: dissolve in beverage. Prophylaxis: 20mEq daily. Treatment: 40–100mEq daily in divided doses; max 20mEq/dose.
Hyperkalemia. Chronic renal disease. Acute dehydration. Heat cramps. Severe tissue destruction. Adrenal insufficiency. Familial periodic paralysis. Acidosis (potassium chloride products). Alkalosis (potassium bicarbonate products). Tablets: Esophageal compression due to enlarged left atrium. Decreased GI motility.
Discontinue if GI bleed, ulceration, or other disturbances occur. Renal or cardiac disease. Monitor potassium level, clinical status, acid-base balance, and ECG. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Hyperkalemia with ACE inhibitors, spironolactone, triamterene, amiloride, and potassium-containing salt substitutes. Anticholinergics, other agents that decrease GI motility increase risk of serious GI reactions with tablets.
Hyperkalemia, GI discomfort and irritation, diarrhea, rash (rare). Tablets: Esophageal and GI ulceration, bleeding, obstruction, perforation.
M10—90, 100, 1000; M15—100, 1000; M20—90, 100, 500, 1000; Klor-Con 8, 10—100, 500; Pwd—30, 100; Klor-Con/EF—30, 100
Renal and Urology News Articles
- FDA Approves Enzalutamide for Nonmetastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Urine Cytology May Not Improve Hematuria Evaluation for Bladder Cancer
- Bladder Hydrodistention May Ease Nocturia in Interstitial Cystitis
- Overnight Saline Irrigation May Prevent Early NMIBC Recurrence
- 5 Key Steps to Grow Your New Nephrology or Urology Practice
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)