Use of ESAs declined while use of blood transfusions increased between 2008 and 2012.
The condition is present in more than half of Medicare patients with stage 3-5 chronic kidney disease.
Low vitamin D status was associated with a 2-fold higher risk for anemia.
Sparsentan could become the first FDA-approved medication for the focal segmental glomerularsclerosis.
In a study, 94.1% of total PTx patients had improvement of bone mineral density at their most affected site.
Surgery decreased the risk of death from any cause by 32% compared with usual treatment.
Just 6.7% of patients had target levels of calcium, phosphorus, and parathyroid hormone a year after surgery.
It also may shorten intensive care unit and hospital length of stay versus late RRT in critically ill patients, meta-analysis reveals.
More patients treated with MWA plus calcitriol reached iPTH levels below 150 pg/mL: 23.33% vs 8.54%.
Their risk of the rare but life-threatening condition is twice as high as in hemodialysis patients.
Kidney Week 2016 Videos
Renal and Urology News Articles
- CROWNWeb Reporting Gets Up to Speed With Implementation of Dashboard
- Prostate Cancer Gene Testing Guidelines Issued
- Radical Nephrectomy Linked With Worse Kidney Function, Survival
- Acute Kidney Injury Increases Risk for Hypoglycemia in Diabetes Pts
- USPSTF Questions Nontraditional CVD Risk Factors for Assessment
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)