Kidney Stones Features
The AUA recently released its first guidelines for the medical management of kidney stone disease.
Kidney Stones Videos
Latest Kidney Stones News
Meta-analysis reveals a significantly increased risk of kidney stones only in male patients with kidney cancer.
Recommendations to prevent recurrent kidney stones include increased fluid intake to achieve a urine output of at least 2 liters per day.
During 6 years of follow-up, new stone formation increased significantly in the surgery patients.
Flexible ureterorenoscopy (f-URS) is safe and effective for removing kidney stones in patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD).
Higher daily mean temperatures are associated with an increased incidence of kidney stones.
Kidney stones may have a possible genetic link that can assist patients in acquiring a more specific diagnosis and treatment.
Fracture risk after urolithiasis highest among males aged 10 to 19 years and females aged 30 to 39 years.
Climate change could be associated with an increase in the incidence of kidney stones.
Hounsfield units and stone size predict a patient's odds that shock wave lithotripsy will completely clear kidney or ureteral stones.
Most stones patients do not need additional imaging with computed tomography, study finds.
A study revealed an increased risk of chronic kidney disease in patients with a cumulative stone size less than 20 mm.
Women and patients with a high comorbidity burden and complex kidney stones are at higher risk of serious adverse events.
Study also shows that hypocitraturia is more common in patients with multiple rather than single stones.
Guidelines developed for diagnosis and evaluation, prevention, and follow-up.
It also may provide an alternative to conventional fluoroscopy in guiding ureteroscopy for ureteral stones.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
- Optimal PSA Threshold For Targeted Biopsy Identified
- Plant-Based Phosphorus Best for Kidney Disease (CKD) Patients
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) Beneficial in Diabetes Mellitus Patients
- Stopping Renal Cell Carcinoma (mRCC) Drugs Induces Tumor Flare
- Red Meat Contributes to Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) Risk Due to Gut Bacteria