Kidney Cancer Features
Are you more likely to perform partial rather than radical nephrectomy for tumors if robotic-assisted surgery is available?
Availability of robotic-assisted surgery at a hospital was independently associated with greater use of partial nephrectomy.
Kidney Cancer Videos
Latest Kidney Cancer News
Local anesthesia with conscious sedation for renal cancer cryoablation associated with shorter procedure and hospital stays.
Meta-analysis reveals a significantly increased risk of kidney stones only in male patients with kidney cancer.
A newly-discovered pathway known as Transient Receptor Potential Mleastatin 3 (TRPM3) could provide more treatment options for kidney cancer.
Among surgically-treated renal cell carcinoma patients, diabetics have a 55% and 32% increased risk of cancer-specific and all-cause mortality.
Study shows that tumor flare resulting from discontinuation of sunitinib and pazopanib is associated with decreased overall survival.
Ultrasound surveillance for renal tumors should be performed on native and graft kidneys from 3 years after transplantation.
Patients are 28% more likely to have partial nephrectomy at hospitals offering robotic-assisted surgery.
In adjusted analyses, female transplant recipients had a significantly increased risk of urologic cancer and men did not.
Study also finds increase in overall cancer rate among African-American children and adolescents.
Other predictors include neurovascular disease, obesity, and surgical approach.
The 3-year survival rates for patients diagnosed during 2006-2007 were similar to those diagnosed during 2001-2005.
Studies show integrated program effective for depression in patients with cancer.
Study shows a 3.5 times increased risk of death from renal cancer in hemodialysis patients undergoing nephrectomy.
Researchers find a greater than 50% reduction in end-stage renal disease risk compared with radical nephrectomy.
As body mass index increases, so does the risk of kidney and bladder cancers in men and stomach, ovarian, and colon cancers in women.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
- Statin Plus Metformin May Reduce Prostate Cancer Relapse Risk
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED) Linked to Early Vascular Disease
- Testosterone Therapy Does Not Increase Cardiovascular Risk
- Have malpractice award caps made any difference in medical practice?
- 'Jekyll & Hyde' Molecule Could Lead to Aggressive Prostate Cancer (PCa)
- Optimal PSA Threshold For Targeted Biopsy Identified
- Plant-Based Phosphorus Best for Kidney Disease (CKD) Patients
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) Beneficial in Diabetes Mellitus Patients
- Stopping Renal Cell Carcinoma (mRCC) Drugs Induces Tumor Flare
- Red Meat Contributes to Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) Risk Due to Gut Bacteria