Most Recent Articles by Jody A. Charnow, Editor
Patients who underwent cytoreductive nephrectomy for metastatic non-clear cell renal cell carcinoma had a significantly decreased risk of cancer-related mortality.
Canadian study reveals no significant effect of driving distance to a nephrology practice on the rate and appropriate management of catheter-related bloodstream infections.
In patients with stage 5 chronic kidney disease, lupus anticoagulant and combined thrombophilia occur more frequently in those with versus without calciphylaxis, case-control study shows.
Levels of alkaline phosphatase, calcium, and hemoglobin can independently predict bone metastasis, Chinese investigators report.
Alpha blocker treatment resulted in a higher stone expulsion rate versus placebo in patients with distal ureteral stones larger than 5 mm in maximum diameter, study finds.
More Articles by Jody A. Charnow, Editor
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Tamsulosin Improves Clearance of Large Distal Ureteral Stones
- Calciphylaxis in CKD Patients Linked to Hypercoagulable Conditions
- Ceruloplasmin a Possible Marker of CKD in Sickle Cell Anemia
- Post-Parathyroidectomy Calcium Requirement Linked to Preop ALP
- Shift in HIV-Associated Kidney Disease Characterized
- Cytoreductive Nephrectomy Benefits for Metastatic RCC Demonstrated
- Phosphorus Content Higher in Packaged Meats Listing Phosphate Additives
- High Intakes of Teas, Peas, Soybeans May Increase Prostate Cancer Risk
- More Intense Treatment, Worse Quality of Life in Diabetes
- Hemodialysis CRBSI Outcomes Unaffected by Distance to Nephrologists
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)