Most Recent Articles by J. Stephen Jones, MD, FACS
Few physicians considered returning to paper prescriptions based on the efficiency, accuracy, and legibility of e-prescribing.
Renal & Urology News was established in 2002 based on recognition of natural synergies of nephrology and urology. The insight was not immediately intuitive, as care delivery remained largely specialty-based.
The ongoing controversy as to whether premalignant, prostatic lesions are associated with increase risk of developing cancer.
About two years ago, having recognized that the prostate-specific antigen (PSA) cutoff level of 4.0 ng/mL did not always assist in accurately categorizing a man's risk for prostate cancer, we began to eliminate this—or any—artificial cutoff defining a "normal" PSA value.
Although the traditional approach to prostate cancer has been to target the entire gland, Cleveland Clinic has offered focal cryotherapy on a very limited basis since 2005 for men with low-risk disease who understand the implications of all treatment options.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Overnight Saline Irrigation May Prevent Early NMIBC Recurrence
- Urine Cytology May Not Improve Hematuria Evaluation for Bladder Cancer
- FDA Recalls Drugs Containing Active Ingredient Valsartan
- Adding MRI Does Not Boost Prostate Cancer Upgrading Rate
- DOACs Increase Bleeding Risk More Than Warfarin in CKD
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)