Human semen contains 27 different viruses.
The researchers found that all patients treated for 12 and 24 weeks achieved sustained virologic response at 12 weeks after therapy ended.
Investigators examined semen samples under a microscope and found Zika present in spermatoza as well.
And virus is more likely to be found in male survivors older than 40, researchers report
Significantly lower rates of admission for stroke, heart failure, pneumonia/influenza, all-cause-death.
While mosquitoes are by far the most common form of transmission, cases of sexual transmission can occur.
CDC statistics for 2013 to 2014 show troubling increase in resistant strains.
The link was discovered after an elderly cruise ship patient fell ill with the Zika virus.
Men returning from a Zika-infected area should abstain from sex or use a condom.
These factors include lower serum albumin levels and vascular access other than an arteriovenous fistula at dialysis initiation.
Overall one- and ten-year survival rates of the transplanted organs in commercial recipients compared with controls were 91% and 22% vs. 98% and 44%.
Two studies describe sexual transmission from survivor, persistence of Ebola virus RNA in semen.
Researchers report a significant drop in 30-day post-operative infection rate.
Ubiquitous nonadherence to 2011 Advisory Committee's hepatitis B recommendation.
Species and genus composition differ for men with urologic chronic pelvic pain syndrome, controls.
Risk up for various infections; increased risk seems greater for type 1 than type 2 diabetes.
Researchers will look at effects of the Bacille Calmette-Guérin vaccine in people with longstanding type 1 diabetes.
The magnitude of the increased risk was similar to that of having a previous cardiovascular event.
Chronic diseases such as end-stage renal disease (ESRD) have now surpassed opportunistic infections as the leading cause of death among HIV-infected patients.
Refuting common wisdom, research shows that HIV patients fared better than those with hepatitis C.
Even if the needle is changed, diabetes pens may harbor traces of blood on other parts.
Extranasal Staphylococcus aureus is a common cause of healthcare-associated infections in hemodialysis patients.
The higher the dose of vancomycin, the greater the risk, researchers found.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Daily Tadalafil May Be Effective for Peyronie's Disease
- High ESA and Iron Doses Up CVD, Death Risk in Hemodialysis Patients
- Diabetic CKD Patients Survive Longer With Metformin
- Tamsulosin Improves Clearance of Large Distal Ureteral Stones
- Case: Treating Iron Deficiency Anemia in a Heart Failure Patient
- Cytoreductive Nephrectomy Benefits for Metastatic RCC Demonstrated
- Phosphorus Content Higher in Packaged Meats Listing Phosphate Additives
- High Intakes of Teas, Peas, Soybeans May Increase Prostate Cancer Risk
- More Intense Treatment, Worse Quality of Life in Diabetes
- Hemodialysis CRBSI Outcomes Unaffected by Distance to Nephrologists
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)